It's a fixed version of the Edge III. This means it doesn't float, and you can't use it as a tremolo unit.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
i still dont see the pint in this, why not just have what paul gilbert has, a fixed bridge with the locking nuts?
Oh....I feel realy stupid now >.> At first I thought what they meant by fixed was that they fixed the crappiness of the Edge III lol
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
Quote by jasonthe13th
i still dont see the pint in this, why not just have what paul gilbert has, a fixed bridge with the locking nuts?

yea the locking nut threw me off too
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Quote by jasonthe13th

He only has a locking nut because that guitar (I suppose you're talking about his white PGM300 (now 301)) used to have a Floyd Rose, he doesn't use it (a locking nut without fine tuners is quite useless, because even if a string goes slightly flat, you have to remove the nut).

The Fixed Edge trem is for people who like the tuning stability you can get with a locking nut and fine tuners, but don't want a trem.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!