i need some advise on how to play and construct jazz lines i will be very grateful if i can get an answer
Oh, goodness grateness, wait till Sinan gets on and you will be overwhelmed. Or you could hit the search bar and punch in uh........... give me a sec... Theory on Jazz? I think that's what it's called. And also hit the Jazz forum.

Edit: Also check out Begging on Jazz
dude i meant jazz bass lines and it seemed more relevant as i am focusing on the bass playing part of jazz it and i don't think it was a crime to ask about that on the bass forum
I think FbSa's point was seek and ye shall find. No its not a crime to ask, but show some effort please!

Sinan's lesson has a great deal of what you are looking for and then some. You will receive much more assistance from the jazz meisters on the bass forum if you do a bit of research and then come back. Plus it will help you focus your question a bit less broadly and you'll get responses and answers that will be helpful in your cause.
Quote by anarkee
I think FbSa's point was seek and ye shall find. No its not a crime to ask, but show some effort please!

Sinan's lesson has a great deal of what you are looking for and then some. You will receive much more assistance from the jazz meisters on the bass forum if you do a bit of research and then come back. Plus it will help you focus your question a bit less broadly and you'll get responses and answers that will be helpful in your cause.

ahh anarkee always putting my points in a more threadstarter friendly format

i was gonna go along the lines of theres a ****ing sticky on jazz at the top of the ****ing page do some research rant rant rant bloody kids rant rant rant etc.

anyway like i said sticky on jazz at the top of the page, read it then come back with a more focused question
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
first things first - practice all 12 keys and learn what the name of every single note on your bass is called

then you can construct walking bass lines using majors minors arpeggios penatonics and flat out improvisition

jazz is quite a challenge, but is in my opinion one of the most fun things you can play on a bass