Hi,

I am thinking about switching my family plan from Verizon to AT&T and getting two regular phones, and one iPhone. Since the normal FamilyTalk plans and the iPhone family plans cost different amounts, would it be possible to just use the iPhone as a regular phone without data on a normal FamilyTalk plan? The websites don't really answer this question. They say you must add a data plan to use the iPhone, but I don't know if that's completely necessary or not. Does anyone know for sure?
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

^ Do you know who that is? It's the guitar player from Fall Out Boy.
If you get the iphone, you must get the data plan. There is no way around it.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
set up a number on a different phone, then transfer it to your iphone (you still have to buy a data plan...) and all your family plan info will be the same. thats what i did
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
So there's no way to use iPhone on AT&T without using a data plan? XD
Quote by Twist of fate
Thank god! For a sec I thought I lost my virginity to a stuffed animal christmas dog!

Quote by soadquake981
So there's no way to use iPhone on AT&T without using a data plan? XD

Correct.

Why would you want one without it?
Quote by RHCP94
Wow what kind of dumbass made it so that I have to get a data plan. Granted, I would like one, but my parents are old school and they're not about to pay for one. Oh well.
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by soadquake981
Wow what kind of dumbass made it so that I have to get a data plan. Granted, I would like one, but my parents are old school and they're not about to pay for one. Oh well.

Why would you want one without a data plan?
Quote by RHCP94