Hey, I was just wondering... did any one here ever just one day decided they'd leave it all behind and just start like and extended road trip, some voyage to nowhere (alias drifting) with just some elementals (e.g. acoustic guitar, toothbrush :p) and just roam the world, traveling from place to place just for the fun and adventure of it?

I reckon with a few mates and such it could be one hell of a ride, right?
Bad idea? 'Cause if it is, someone should stop me :p
Quote by Moggan13
I'd love to but i got work tomorrow.

+1
It sounds like a good plan though mate
A guitar, a motorcycle and a ol' fashioned busking hat. That's the way to go.
I thought this was going to be about the car manuever.

Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Quote by Divinephyton
Hey, I was just wondering... did any one here ever just one day decided they'd leave it all behind and just start like and extended road trip, some voyage to nowhere (alias drifting) with just some elementals (e.g. acoustic guitar, toothbrush :p) and just roam the world, traveling from place to place just for the fun and adventure of it?

Sounds good, but you need lots of money
its one of those things you dream of but never end up doing simply cause of the day in and day out lifestyle everyone has...
Quote by 7daycrisis
Sounds good, but you need lots of money

not really...you only need like $10 for food/day and you can sleep in your car
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Yeah, but to do that you'll probably need to quit your job, your education, your girlfriend (unless you take her with you) and quit your old life for a while.
If I had a crap load of money, I would call up my lead guitarist say "Grab your acoustic we're going on a road trip to nowhere!" then do it.

But I don't and I'm not even old enough to drive yet.

Go figure.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
i'm gonna do that after high school and take my bandmates(because i will be in a band then, dammit)

if i graduate high school
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
i saw this and thought it was about car drifting
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
I thought you ment drifting as in power slides

i was gunna ask for pics
Ibanez RG770DX Reissue

Ibanez Apex 2

Ibanez S520EX w/ EMGs

Marshall DSL100 Halfstack

NEWCASTLE UNITED!
It's funny how seemingly a lot of people have always thought or dreamed about it, but haven't done anything yet. I've asked a million other people, most of them dreamed about something like that, but they've never actually done it.
I suppose the image sometimes is a bit over-romanticized for some people...
And a lot of people think ''I've got this life here now, I'll do it when I'm retired''
But I think it can be such an enlightening adventure and can enrich your youth that I don't want to postpone it until then...
My dad traveled with his friends all across the United States, back in the 60s. He hated Texas; apparently the people there were real hostile. My dad's friend got mugged in Washington DC...
Quote by blues-guitarist
not really...you only need like $10 for food/day and you can sleep in your car
Uh...how do expect to power your car? Solar power?
Quote by yawn

Everything combined and seeing as we're a party of 6 all traveling in the same car, we each pay gas for it, also our car is a hybrid, so the total budget strain for a car isn't that much more. It's all the stuff you can't foresee that's bothering me when it comes to budget. but hey, that's why it's called an adventure...right?
Quote by yawn

does he live in america? petrol is still only a dollar a tank full over there isnt it?
^ Uh...it's over $3 in most places...

^ Six people sleeping in a car? Wow, you guys must be really comfortable with each other.
Quote by Divinephyton

Also know as touring.
Quote by yawn
^ Uh...it's over $3 in most places...

Per gallon
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by Miggy01
Per gallon
Yeah. A dollar for a full tank? What's that guy smoking?
I would go on a road trip but lately I've been busy as all hell with School Work/Work its really making me busy.

anyone else feel like they have no time anymore?
Been there done that. Big chunk of 78 & 79 just fucking dropped out. Hitched back and forth across N.America til I got my poop inna pile.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I would love to do it someday but there is one problem. MONEY! How are you going to go from place to place without cash for food. You would eventually have to find odd jobs to do on the way (which does not sound fun to me). I still hope to do it at some point in my life.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Quote by IbanezPlayer27

anyone else feel like they have no time anymore?

Sure do

Me and a few friends talked about this in eighth grade, but we never even see each other anymore so I guess its off...

My ideal trip:

"Road trippin' with my two favorite allies
Fully loaded we got snacks and supplies"

EDIT: Jackal your like the town elder of UG. Someone thinks of something and your all "Pshh been there done that..."
Quote by lounge act
Sure do

Me and a few friends talked about this in eighth grade, but we never even see each other anymore so I guess its off...

My ideal trip:

"Road trippin' with my two favorite allies
Fully loaded we got snacks and supplies"

EDIT: Jackal your like the town elder of UG. Someone thinks of something and your all "Pshh been there done that..."

Dude there's lots of shit I see posted in da pit that I woulda never of fucking thought of doing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by lounge act
Well of course... but at least the semi-logical ones you have knowledge of.

Ahh Erie Pa. Do they still have the big Country/Bluegrass festival at the race track there in the summer? Used to be a really big festival way back when. If they do been there done that too. I played it in '77
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Ahh Erie Pa. Do they still have the big Country/Bluegrass festival at the race track there in the summer? Used to be a really big festival way back when. If they do been there done that too. I played it in '77

Wow. I think they do, it may have just gone on recently I think. They just had a Blues/Jazz Fest lately too. You should come back and play again! We have quite a few concert series things to choose from.
anybody heard of the Folk Festival in PA? i've gone to that a few times

Edit: it happens around the end of August usually
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
ya i ve thought of it

but im in school stilll....
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Yeah after grade twelve I'm ****ing outta BC, going around Canada and maybe the US. I think it's funny that so many people all want to do it but never get around to doing it. I just say, who cares about job, do it when you're young before going to post-secondary. Everyone should just see the world, you can't stay in the same place all your life. If traveling isn't high on your priority list, you'll never get it done ever, you'll just keep putting it off until you die. For me, it's also gonna be part of finding myself. And if you go to different places you'll make friends all over the place. And when I'm good and ready, off to uni. It's on the way from BC too, I gotta get to Montreal somehow y'know.