Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Because we don't have social lives anymore. I used to but that was....a long time ago....
Yeah...I used to actually PLAY guitar, now I just read the pit...... sigh
Schecter lover
oooooooooof
also a girl
I'm not addicted, I can stop Whenever I want...
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Myspace because you must be bored with your life so you like to inquire about others lives. UG because of the pure awesomeness/stupidity/hilarity and many other things I cant think of.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
I don't know about MySpace since i don't use it...As for UG it must be the endless stupidity that keeps me comming back.
Quote by 7DaySkeptic
I don't feel tired. Never touching myspace though....

Here here!

UG has some pretty safe people on it, you just need to crawl through the pit (quite literally) of **** to find them.
I deleted my Myspace for good a few weeks ago, and haven't suffered any withdrawal symptoms.
I use UG too much though. The reason for this is that I haven't got any friends, so the people I have to talk to are my family, the cats, the rabbit, or the internet.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
myspace is not

ug is

Edit:
The reason for this is that I haven't got any friends, so the people I have to talk to are my family, the cats, the rabbit, or the internet

thats depressing...
Last edited by Rush Fan 06 at Sep 7, 2007,
The nice differences between UG and Myspace are,
1. Music is boasted is usually good.
2. People aren't insensitive douches here.
3. There are topics that aren't recycled every week.
4. People actually spell well.

Those are some reasons why UG is addicting to me. I'd never touch myspace though.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I deleted my Myspace for good a few weeks ago, and haven't suffered any withdrawal symptoms.
I use UG too much though. The reason for this is that I haven't got any friends, so the people I have to talk to are my family, the cats, the rabbit, or the internet.
i'll be your friend dinky

there have been plenty of days recently when i've spent more time in the pit than i have playing guitar
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
i'm here too much because i have a **** load of homework everyday so i sit in my computer and do one problem,then check UG for like 20 minutes and do a couple of more problems and go back to UG so at the end...my homework took me like 5 hours and it's 10 pm
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Good idea Dasiy. No one talks to me on Myspace anymore (fell out with people and i'm not as interesting online as in real-life tbh) and all i get is loads of bulletins of stupid 13-year-old-scene girls begging for PC 4 PC and all that pathetic malarky.
I think at one point in my life, I used to actually play guitar...

But an easy way to get over your addiction is to ban yourself from the internet for a week or so.
I've started to spend a fair bit of time checking my UG Profile every now and again, like if I'm bored or there's no good threads I'll automatically load my profile. It's odd.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by someguitarguy88

Those are some reasons why UG is addicting to me. I'd never touch myspace though.

I find that when people boast about a music genre it turns into insensitive douches flaming eachother. Also making complete fools of themselves becuase they have trouble spelling the insults they throw at eachother. Many many topics end up this way so it might as well be recycled lol.

I do enjoy some of the topics that are new ( to me at least ) even though I don't post very often.

Edited for spelling >.<
Last edited by Foo1881 at Sep 7, 2007,
Because as we are reading this now the mods of UG are showing us subliminal messages
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by Moggan13
Good idea Dasiy. No one talks to me on Myspace anymore (fell out with people and i'm not as interesting online as in real-life tbh) and all i get is loads of bulletins of stupid 13-year-old-scene girls begging for PC 4 PC and all that pathetic malarky.

Was why I got rid of it. Day after day nobody bothered to contact me, and all the bulletins were 'PC4PC' or someone complaining about their life. Got too sick of it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Foo1881
I find that when people boast about a music genre it turns into insensitive douches flaming eachother. Also making complete fools of themselves becuase they have trouble spelling the insults they throw at eachother wrong. Many many topics end up like this as well so it might as well be recycled lol.

I do enjoy some of the topics that are new ( to me at least ) even though I don't post very often.

Look around the Myspace boards. It's way worse there.
Quote by someguitarguy88

1. Thats debatable... But yeah, the general music taste here is much much better than the majority of myspace users.

2. There are quite a few insensitive comments I have seen on here, mainly in "I'm Depressed" threads.

3. Masturbation, cover songs, scene kids... there are quite a few recycled topics here.
I wasn't aware myspace did "topics" as such. I know there are bulletins and stuff but I didn't think there was a real forum for discussion.

4. Yeah, the spelling here is much better than myspace on a whole.

And yeah, I go on UG because I have hardly any friends in real life and I hate where I live.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Was why I got rid of it. Day after day nobody bothered to contact me, and all the bulletins were 'PC4PC' or someone complaining about their life. Got too sick of it.

which is why i got rid of my myspace a year and a hlf ago

but shhhhh i like to pretend i never had one...

<.<

>.>
Quote by Dinkydaisy

Those are the exact same reasons why I deleted mine yesterday.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
i like my idea better
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
I deleted my Myspace about a month after I made it (around 2 years ago) because I can't stand that ****ing lifestyle. It turns you into dickhead whether you notice or not, even if it's only when you're actually online, it turns you into someone at least slightly superficial so I just thought **** it, I don't want to risk becoming too much like that .

Music myspaces are all good though, it's an easy way of sharing your music or finding what you want etc.

I was pretty wary about UG profiles, I didn't want them to go the way of Myspace, but so far it seems fine, and I've only seen a few that remind of too much of a Myspace, which I don't mind as long as it doesn't happen to everyone. I guess it's hard when you're portraying yourself to strangers (or even friends) to tell the whole truth and not try to make yourself look special or cool, so I don't take it too seriously - I just don't want a Myspace.

As for the other parts of UG, why would it not be addicting, it has almost everything you want in terms of guitar resources, it has news, it has open forums, a lot of the members are legends (for good or bad reasons ) and generally it has something of real interest at least every hour or so, so it's never too boring to stay on.
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Quote by Dinkydaisy

I wont delete it, i'll just ignore it or let someone hack it and forget about it.
i have a myspace but i don't remeber what it was
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
I'm a UG forum and myspace addict, i just dont get why that kind of this happens, that's just like drugs
Quote by someguitarguy88
Look around the Myspace boards. It's way worse there.

Just another good reason to never go on myspace.
It has already claimed the lives of a few of my friends. It shall never get me!
Quote by Dinkydaisy

whats PC 4 PC?

I don't have MySpace...

Bebo =[
and i use facebook

i think its a little better
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
Quote by cm_punk_fan
and i use facebook

i think its a little better

I think Facebook has a bit of a concept behind it which is finding old friends, school buddies and family members. I think that is what it is meant for, not completely sure though.
well its better than myspace
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
Quote by bearded_monkey

Oh man thats so gay

When you got samey, slaggy Scene-girls begging for PC4PC every 10 minutes, your sence of sanity begins to fail...
Quote by Foo1881
I think Facebook has a bit of a concept behind it which is finding old friends, school buddies and family members. I think that is what it is meant for, not completely sure though.

i have facebook. around where i live its way more popular. myspace was...2 years ago.
Subliminal messages.

thefoldaredit - darn, it's been said already.

I really like this place, it's funny, helpful, friendly, music-loving, and informative all at the same time.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Last edited by thefoldarsoldar at Sep 7, 2007,
Page 1 of 2