I'm considering in getting either a Marshall AVTX100, Vox AD100VT or a Fender 212 100 watt. Which one is the best, I've tried out the Marshall before and the 50 watt version of the watt and from what I played I really liked them. I anything from metal like Megadeth, Pantera, Tallica ect. to sometimes Santana.
neither

whats your budget?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
for that you could score a used peavey 5150 easily. the avts and the fender frontman wont be much of a step up from your MG, so you better look elsewhere

but, yea, check on the peavey

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by hendriko
for that you could score a used peavey 5150 easily. the avts and the fender frontman wont be much of a step up from your MG, so you better look elsewhere

but, yea, check on the peavey

ok, is that the head and cab?
gah screw that, i just checked australia-bay and found nothing, but one for 4500AUD
in the states theyre really easy to come by for 500USD or so

well, im out of ideas, unless you wanna go valveking or something, maybe the peavey windsor might be worth a look
i haev no ideas about prices though

go to some store though and try what you can

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

it'd be harder to find a used head + cab setup for $900aus, but hey, anything could happen. your tone would be fine in the combo setup.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
WINDSOR! Hoorah!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
for that you could score a used peavey 5150 easily./QUOTE]

Nah bro.

This is what you do

Chedk a combination of online music sites (www.allansmusic.com.au) ebay, and the trading post. For example i got myself a brand new marshall TSL601 combo from an allans music clearance sale for 1375 (including freight) when they retail for $2299 in the closest music shop to me. I wouldnt bother with the AVT or SS fender, not much difference from your MG. I would suggest looking around for perhaps a used peavey classic 30, or even a 50 http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Peavey-Classic-50-All-Tube-2-x-12-Combo_W0QQitemZ200147730937QQihZ010QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

With the current exhange rate, and if you have access to a credit card, you could even consider buying an amp of Ebay U.S and getting it shipped over.

If you had to resort to an AVT, dont buy new, get one like this
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Marshall-100w-Combo-Amp_W0QQitemZ200148020227QQihZ010QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ends in 1 hour going for $550.

Heres a Marshall DSL100 head for $900
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Marshall-JCM2000-DSL-Head-100w_W0QQitemZ190146791470QQihZ009QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
ending in 7 hours. Of course you would hvae to fork out a bit for a used cab.