this is for peeople like hoondog metaljim jamminguitarist and whoever else seems to be fairly consistent in their participation..we should plan a massive multilayer duel.what are your thoughts on this?
I mix - I rarely get to record my own stuff anymore. :-( So... I would love to have a mix contest, if anyone else was up for that.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

yeah, we're still in the planning stage of having a mixing contest.

It's not really fair to have everyone record different things, so mixing is probably the way to go.
A mixing contest sounds interesting...but how it would be setup seems a little challenging......

Someone could make a song and split each track into one mp3 and we could hand that out to everyone.

Or are you guys thinking of something else other than just level and FX adjustments?
Quote by sidereal9
we should plan a massive multilayer duel.what are your thoughts on this?

what do u mean excatly??? im obviously in for anything. altough i would be even more interested in a mix battle....
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
lol wow how my thread got taken over anyway back to the original topic..i was thinking 5 or 6 people take part in th battle,maybe everyone create thier own backing or of course could use the free backing track site but have it be at least three styles long like a rock a blues and and country,,or rock blues metal etc.so it would be at least three different backings per person.
and let the judges judge based on a point system for say style,technique,flow etc.tally up the score for each person and the one with the most points wins..
yeah, brian pm me some time. i think i have a song we could use.
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by sidereal9
lol wow how my thread got taken over anyway back to the original topic..i was thinking 5 or 6 people take part in th battle,maybe everyone create thier own backing or of course could use the free backing track site but have it be at least three styles long like a rock a blues and and country,,or rock blues metal etc.so it would be at least three different backings per person.
and let the judges judge based on a point system for say style,technique,flow etc.tally up the score for each person and the one with the most points wins..

thats a pretty sweet idea, making people do different genres
Quote by ILuvPillows?
Masturbate it off.
yes i think it would be fun and would make you think of licks and ideas you wouldnt normally try maybe,i guess i could ask around see who is interested

and just a thought lets say we have 5 contestants and all 5 agree to chip in ten dollars through i dunno paypal or money order the winner would get 50 bucks..this is just an after thought but if we could get enough people to do it on a regular basis maybe we could come up with some sort of prize?what do you think?
^ A lot of the people on this forum are kids without credit cards and paypal and the like, or aren't especially well off.

I think that adding money might turn the competition sour, and raise the need for cheating and suchlike corruption.
yea the money part was just an after thought like if down the line we could get a steady competition going