Page 1 of 2
i'm a high school sophmore and this is my first year of spanish(an elective not a forced class unlike english) and its my fourth day and it sucks can anyone offer any tips to make it easier to learn
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
spanish 1 isnt really that bad. Its pretty easy if you just do your work. I've taken spanish 1-3 an they were pretty much easy, except for 3, which was a little bit challenging
yeah but i have a teacher from Columbia(the country not the town in South Carolina)
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
You can always get a translator for your computer, It might make homework easier.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Quote by TOAOIsaac
You can always get a translator for your computer, It might make homework easier.

they never work. i have yet to find a good one.
Quote by cm_punk_fan
yeah but i have a teacher from Columbia(the country not the town in South Carolina)

What does that have to do with anything? If anything that should make it easier to learn. I hate how everyone complains about Spanish, if you just pay attention and practice then you'll get it. Practice being the most important part.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by screamsoftly
What does that have to do with anything? If anything that should make it easier to learn. I hate how everyone complains about Spanish, if you just pay attention and practice then you'll get it. Practice being the most important part.

just what i was thinking.
does anyone have any ways of remebering things like the alphabet or the numbers and stuff like that

edit: and she gets mad really easy if we don't get some stuff(like rolling the r's which i cannot do)
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
Force yourself to learn. Fall in love with somebody who doesn't speak anything but spanish. That's what my teacher told me to do. Then she said she wouldn't go to dinner with me...all in spanish too.
I've heard trying to survive in Mexico for a year is the best way to learn spanish...
Can't you talk to someone to get out of the class? Or just tell the teacher you need extra help. Other than that I guess youre screwed.
babelfish.altavista.com

your welcome
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
If U have concrete doubts I can help U.

PD: I'm spanish btw
Quote by Oreos_own_all
ok well...

the v part is a vagina, and your leg is the penis, work it out from there =D
Quote by screamsoftly

That actually makes it easier, because columbians talk slower and correct
Looking for a new sig!
How does it suck?

It sucked for me because it was all bookwork all the time. Nothing hands-on.

And the teacher was always on a power trip.
If you think remembering the alphabet and numbers is bad, just wait and see all the verbs you'll have to conjugate. The only advice I can give you is to just set aside 15 or 20 minutes a day and study. It's the only way you'll remember them. (I'm in Spanish III btw)
Scyther of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.
i can speak some things that i just picked up from places
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
que? no comprende, yo no habla ingles.

but I took 2 years of spanish in middle school which is equal to 1 year at my highschool which I just started at but I'm not takin spanish... anyways... practice... practice... and practice some more... and theres no point in getting mad at the kids cause they can't roll their r's... half the kids in my year 2 spanish class couldn't do it, but I'm not your teacher and I don't control her... so just practice
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Just do what you have to do. Simple.

It's pretty challenging at times, but I like it. I've had two great teachers that past 3 semesters. Just keep at it and do your best. It works! It also seems that I encounter the prettiest girls in Spanish classes

Spanish 3 Honors btw.

EDIT: comprendo* hablo*
Quote by TOAOIsaac

ahem.. sir i believe you have my avatar... gtfo
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
ahem.. sir i believe you have my avatar... gtfo

i knew that was coming
Quote by cm_punk_fan
i'm a high school sophmore and this is my first year of spanish(an elective not a forced class unlike english) and its my fourth day and it sucks can anyone offer any tips to make it easier to learn

i too am a sophomore and this would be my first spanish class... i have a 95 average in that class right now... one thing that pisses me off are all the kids who dont take it srsly in there then complain when they get f's on there quizes and stuff... do a little studying at home listen to the teacher do you homework... they say on avg it takes a person 7 years to become fluent in a new language
C.C. Deville your avatar is veeeeerrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyy........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................distracting
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
what's wrong with Spanish? it's a good language to know, there aren't too many irregular verbs, and it shares root words with English.

watch Dora the Explorer. learn some Sublime songs..

"La cosa que me gusta mas es panochita."
thats right its MY avatar >=( that dood needs to learn his place on UG
Hey C whos the avatar of
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
and what i'm really asking is does anyone have any ways of remembering stuff like the alphabet if i forget something
oh and haha thats sooooooooooooooooooooo funny
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
the alphabet rhymes, dude.

ah bay say chay day effay hey achay ee hota caw elay eh-yay emay enay enyay oh pay coo ere erre esay tay oo vay doubluh-vay ekies ee-egree-egg-ah seta..
Last edited by MakinLattes at Sep 7, 2007,
the spanish alphabet?
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
Quote by cm_punk_fan
and what i'm really asking is does anyone have any ways of remembering stuff like the alphabet if i forget something
oh and haha thats sooooooooooooooooooooo funny

yeah dood songs... my spanish teach made us listen to this like kiddie song to learn the alphabet and it may seem stupid but from learning something totally new you have to start off on that lvl
"the alphabet is easy to learn, speak in rhythm each lettter has a turn..." AHHHHHH
Well, I took Spanish all four years in high school (and I will take it in college... eventually...) and all I can say is that you have to practice whenever you can, in and out of the classroom. Find a friend to help you. Oh! And you should probably take notes too. Will help when you're learning the fun conjugations...

... if you think learning the numbers and alphabet is bad, wait until you get to the many subjunctive cases. It's fun.
look i'm not that smart lay off
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
Quote by SandyPilgrim
Well, I took Spanish all four years in high school (and I will take it in college... eventually...) and all I can say is that you have to practice whenever you can, in and out of the classroom. Find a friend to help you. Oh! And you should probably take notes too. Will help when you're learning the fun conjugations...

... if you think learning the numbers and alphabet is bad, wait until you get to the many subjunctive cases. It's fun.

Sandy, de donde eres ?
just learn the verbs and verb tenses well and spanish becomes a million times easier
Quote by cm_punk_fan
look i'm not that smart lay off

no tienes miedo. español es una lengua fácil.
Quote by C.C. Deville
Sandy, de donde eres ?

Soy de Tralfamadore. Puedes leer?

J/K

Soy de California. Por que?
Last edited by SandyPilgrim at Sep 8, 2007,
Quote by MakinLattes
no tienes miedo. español es una lengua fácil.

HUH
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
de dondes eres is where are you from, right?
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
I think
Page 1 of 2