I know another one of these, but this one can be a little different. I have only played 2 7-string guitars in my life, an Ibanez RG something and the Ibanez Steve Vai JEM-777. I like both, but the RG is in my price range, about $300, whilst the JEM is a little more like $1,400.

I was just wondering if it would be in my best interest to buy the cheap one now untill I get experience and then save up for the JEM or should I just go for the holeshot of the JEM?

Any other ideas are also welcomed for guitars or anything.
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Carvin DC727 or DC747. Best 7 strings availible IMO.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Depends. I traded in a Les Paul for a souped up 60th fender strat and some equip, jus cuz I wanted the whammy bar.
Haven't had second thoughts.
It just depends on what YOU want. If you know youll be devoted, get the gem(and yes they are vury nice =D), if you already have like 4 guitars, and gettin it jus to show off and not cuz ur like OMFG 1337 SUPER 7 STRING1!!!, get the s***ty one

EDIT: Floyd Roses r expensive and would sound crappy on a les paul neways, even tho their sound is IMPECCABLE!(is that how u spell that?)
there is also the Shecter c7 or sumthing, for like 300 - 500 $, the ESP viper 7 (like 800+$ i think) and a Washburn X27 for like 200$
Theres a Schecter 7 string, I think its just the C-1 but 7 string, and its awesome for heavy metal. Its around 600 or 700 dollars. Freaking awesome though.

Edit: Im a little late......
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
Quote by Doodleface
Carvin DC727 or DC747. Best 7 strings availible IMO.

+1,000

For that money, get a Carvin.
Mheh, all good choices, I have been looking them up. I like the Ibanez RG and the Schecter's look good as well. I only have 2 guitars, one is an Ibanez GRGX20 so, I just want to ease my way into better guitars, starting with a 7-string. I think I'll go with the RG, I don't know yet. Thanks for the input all .
One Way Ticket To Hell

Gear

-Ibanez GRX20Z
-Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
-Peavey Studio Pro 112
-DigiTech Grunge
-Zakk Wylde Wah
-DigiTech Whammy
-MXR 10-Band EQ

Future Purchases
-EMG's 81/85
-Cab
-Krankenstein Head
-ESP Eclipse II
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature, Ibanez RG 7, and Ernie Ball MMJP7 are my favs at the moment.
My Gear:
Cort X-9 w/ Super Distortion+Air Norton, Jay Turser Vintage Series Strat
Line 6 Pod 2.0, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Peavy Rage 158
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix JH-1 Wah