So yeah I'm a guitar performance major at my school. I have no intention of changing my major, but what jobs are available outside of teaching privately? How hard is it to land a session guitarist job?
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
It's about a 43.6 on the arbitrary scale of impossible to know
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
guitarist at a mexican restaurant like that one guy who posted a while back here
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I asked my teacher about becoming a session guitarist, he said it wasn't easy. From what he said to do well as a session musician you want to be well known so people ask for you.
However getting that recognition and name for yourself when people aren't asking you to do the job might be tough.

You could also try a band as a side project and try to earn money that way...

Edit: I actually have no experiance with this just thought i'd pass on some advice I got myself.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
The only way to be successful is to make a name for yourself. More than likely, you want to make a good name for yourself.
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Well my primary job is going to be as an US Army Aviator. But, eventually I might consider a real music career.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
Quote by C.C. Deville
guitarist at a mexican restaurant like that one guy who posted a while back here

He shouldn't pigeon hole himself though! If he's going to go out and buy a mexican outfit he may as well get his money's worth by playing at tapas bars, and local gunslinging and tobacco spitting competitions
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
teach or if you can do repairs, work in a music store. and at night form a band and play shows.
I've done a bit of research, and playing corporate levels gigs is a great way to earn a living, but how can one land those gigs best? A lot of those high level guys will just turn their nose up to many musicians.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo

*No Advertising*
To be a session guitarist, you have to:

Be very versatile

Be able to record in 1 take

Sight read very, very well

Work well with the artist

Follow instructions very carefully

do everything the producer and engineer tell you

just some things. I found this out in Career Tech
getting a job as a session gutiarist isnt to hard and you can alway be a back up guitarist for people who tour without a band and jsut pick them up in each city
It probably depends, as with much of life, on who you know. it also depends on where you live. cause if you have no recording stuido or places like that then there is no session to sit in on. but if you do you could probably go down and ask them or talk to someone down at the studio
I LIKE Josh Klinghoffer

"Mr. Lippman of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join."

Frusciante for President in '08
Quote by RedMoonMan
getting a job as a session gutiarist isnt to hard and you can alway be a back up guitarist for people who tour without a band and jsut pick them up in each city

My gguitar teacher told my class how he was a back up guitarist for some famous band in the 80s.

He also said that most people want finger picking/classical players as opposed to rock or metal.