ok so i am thinking of buying a hello kitty squier n then getting a jackson fretboard and a double locking tremlo whacked on it.

wud it be be possible 2 at least put the fretboard on. i understand i do have to do some editing.

All help would be nice and does anyone have a RRP for having a double locking trem fitted??

No opinions of what you think of my idea please.
Why would you want to really? Why waste the time and money? You'd have to buy the Squier, the router, the neck, the bridge, etc. then take the time to convert the Squier neckjoint to recieve the Jackson neck, route the bridge to recieve the FR, put a locking nut in it, etc. just to have esentially a Jackson dinky with a strat body made of **** wood with a dumb paintjob on it.
I belive it would be possible "fretboard" just going to take alot of elbow grease. Also while your at it, throw some mean arse humbuckers in it >: ).
Agathis + Squier humbucker is not the best sounding guitar in the world, not to mention Squiers quality control.
no i think hes right.. its probably just the harware thats bad im guessing that the wood isnt that bad.
Quote by Guitarislife125
Agathis + Squier humbucker is not the best sounding guitar in the world, not to mention Squiers quality control.

This is true, but the guy is asking if it's possible not how it's going to be, give him a break. He doesn't seem to want spam that "Stupid Idea, and bad sound stuff" he asked for no opions
Quote by WickedBeast666
This is true, but the guy is asking if it's possible not how it's going to be, give him a break. He doesn't seem to want spam that "Stupid Idea, and bad sound stuff" he asked for no opions

I told him what it would take to do it, the outcome is just not worth the time and effort let alone the money.
yes, but at least he has something he wants to achive. The simple answer is Yes possible. The hard truth, everything sucks... Everything! lol
Quote by Guitarislife125
I told him what it would take to do it, the outcome is just not worth the time and effort let alone the money.

what something is worth is based on your own opinion
Good Luck it sounds like an awesome idea....

Double tremolo what do you mean by that?
Quote by neopowell
Killing yourself seems like the only simple solution.
Quote by Draconey
Good Luck it sounds like an awesome idea....

Double tremolo what do you mean by that?

He probably means a double locking tremolo, like a floyd rose.

Id like to see this happen, replace all the electronics inside though
It'd be a whole lot easier to just buy a Jackson and put a Hello Kitty sticker on it...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
First of all, agathis with Gainy stuff isnt as bad as agathis with clean stuff.

And I would HIGHLY suggest you dont do this because I know you wont have the experiance to change the fretboard and route out the body for a trem by the way you're talking, yeah its a cool idea but you'd be better off buying a new neck and a trem that sits on top (Kahler anyone?) that would be easier. But then you might as well just get the pickguard off a hello kitt squier and put it on a jackson, it'd be a lot cheaper.
I heard that some of them are alder. I dunno though. Replacing the fretboard alone isnt a good idea. Also I'm pretty sure those have maple necks. Squire necks arent that bad. You could sand it down (back of the neck) and reshape the headstock though.

edit: He's obviously doing this for laughs. If the wood is really bad couldnt you put an emg in there? I mean they pretty much sound the same no matter what right?
Rory man, you most probably wont be able to fit a jackson neck to it, because a Jackson neck has a longer scale cos of the 24 frets, so the lip wont fit into the slot of the Hello Kitty body. And if you cut some wood away from the joining on the body, your sound would go to **** lol. also, yeah you can probably fit a double locking trem but, my advice is dont bother lol. I have 3 guitarswith a locking trem and they all do my head in..not to mention you'd have to cut away a **** lot of wood from the body of ur guitar to fit it in, and then attatch all the springs and stuff into the back...If you did get it all done at a guitar shop, your looking at about £150 minimum, cos you'll have to buy a floyd or other bridge, which is guna cost you at least £30, and then £50 for fitting...just buy a schecter mate!!! haha x
Quote by steven seagull
It'd be a whole lot easier to just buy a Jackson and put a Hello Kitty sticker on it...
yeah, at least then you would have a nice jackson.

what your trying to do is way harder then it should. also its very gimmicky. if you really wanna do it good f-cking luck
Last edited by necroscience13 at Dec 21, 2008,