Fender® Bassman 150
SWR - Working Pro 200
Warwick Sweet 15.2 (150W)

Long story short, I need a new bass amp. I play with a drummer (fairly loud Yamaha Stage Customs) and a guitarist (mostly clean sound, but working with about 50 semi-overdriven tube watts), so my first concern is being heard and having enough headroom for tone.

EDIT: I play a little bit of everything, so versatility would be swell. I like a mostly clean, smooth sound (Cake, John Paul Jones) but a nice punch or edgy drive would be useful cause I break that kinda thing out every now and then (Flea, and I like Wolfmother's bass tone).

I have yet to try any of these 3 out, but they're all in a good price range and I liked what I read about them and they fit my basic wants.

Do any of these three stand out among the others? What are some of the various pros/cons of each? I'm gonna try em all out for sure, but I just wanted some additional honest feedback outside customer reviews.

Gracias
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
Last edited by funkdaddyfresh at Sep 7, 2007,
I have a bassman 200 which is really good, its a older model though. But if ur deciding betweeen those three id get the warwick i love how they sound
Sweet 15, it has the warmest tone you could imagine with pretty good versatility
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
I have the Sweet 15.1 and would recomend it to anyone.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The Warwick; it has a 15" speaker, which is way better than the 12" the others have, and a much better EQ, which you'll probably using a lot of in the future.
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
Quote by watchingmefall
what kind of music do you play? About those IMO the Bassman and the SWR are completely different things, one is very modern (SWR) and the Bassman a little more oldschool.

There's nothing old-school about modern Fender bass amps. Ever since Fender acquired SWR, their products have been becoming much more similar. Fender bass amps are now like Ampeg PRO amps + SWR's (all solid state). I have the 250W Bassman and it's just about as good of a combo as you'd ever use (for under $1000).

The semi-parametric EQ of the Bassman is brilliant. It's my favourite front-end of all time. I prefer the EQ to the Warwick's graphic EQ. If you're deciding between the Bassman and the Warwick, you have to ask yourself what matters more: speaker size, or EQ flexibility?

As far as the SWR goes, it clearly has more power, and a pseudo-parametric EQ, but personally I prefer straight tone control instead of aural enchancers and back massagers, etc. I like transparent tones. The SWR and Fender will give you these, but the Fender has a less ambiguous tone control.

Basically, if you want the most power, get the SWR. If you want the best tonal flexibility and transparency, get the Fender. If you want a 15 instead of a 12, get the Warwick.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
There's nothing old-school about modern Fender bass amps. Ever since Fender acquired SWR, their products have been becoming much more similar. Fender bass amps are now like Ampeg PRO amps + SWR's (all solid state). I have the 250W Bassman and it's just about as good of a combo as you'd ever use (for under $1000).

The semi-parametric EQ of the Bassman is brilliant. It's my favourite front-end of all time. I prefer the EQ to the Warwick's graphic EQ. If you're deciding between the Bassman and the Warwick, you have to ask yourself what matters more: speaker size, or EQ flexibility?

As far as the SWR goes, it clearly has more power, and a pseudo-parametric EQ, but personally I prefer straight tone control instead of aural enchancers and back massagers, etc. I like transparent tones. The SWR and Fender will give you these, but the Fender has a less ambiguous tone control.

Basically, if you want the most power, get the SWR. If you want the best tonal flexibility and transparency, get the Fender. If you want a 15 instead of a 12, get the Warwick.

I guess I´m just used to seeing the name Bassman and remembering those oldskool amps, guess I didn´t really see the threadstarters amp and just read the name