Well I play Classic Rock, Rock, Punk, even the very occasional metal. I'm on a very tight budget. I found this Ibanez GRG170 and it looks to be perfect for what I need, but I want your thoughts. This will be my 2nd guitar but I have been playing for close to 3 years now. Oh, and if your just going to say "Save more money and buy a ..." don't bother to reply. I picked Ibanez because their easy to find down here. I wont order anything on the internet, because I can't try them and shipping is ridiculous. If you make a suggestion, make sure the list price is about 350$ max. I would like to stay with Ibanez, but I'm open to ideas as long as its in that price range and not too hard to find.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GRG170DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=512496
Id say Epi Les Paul or a Fender Strat for only $50 more. its definately worth it tho. Dont go with a GRG, get an RG or an S-style for an Ibanez.
dude, ibanez gio is almost like squier, **** compared to the true thing buy the first normal ibanez, with an edge trem (even if it is cheap, its a good guitar, but the trem might be a ****, maybe like it maybe not)
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
the bridge is pretty bad and the pickups are pretty weak

if you only occasionally play metal and mainly play punk and classic rock then you might wanna check out the ibanez arc's and arx's which are very cheap(the same $300 price range) and better than any gio
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
the pickups on that guitar are pretty ****ty imo but the guitar is nice.the only thing i dont like about(excluding the pups) is the bridge is really easy to break.
ok new rule no squier bashing unless you played it through a decent amp, because they are actually good. Yeah they aren't a thousand dollar guitar but for beginners and intermediate players on a budget they are great.

ps if your amp is a piece of crap maybe thats why you want a new guitar, so that should come first in upgrading. Because a good amp will last a few guitars or more
It really doesn't look too bad. Normally I don't trust cheap trems, but I don't recognize that one. I would check for reports on how the trem will hold up before you buy. Also ask about the Powersound pickups. Basswood is fine. Ibanez necks tend to be thin and fast. Versitile pickup configuration and really good upper fret access. If its as good as it looks on paper the price is not bad at all.
Quote by gagnerants
ok new rule no squier bashing unless you played it through a decent amp, because they are actually good. Yeah they aren't a thousand dollar guitar but for beginners and intermediate players on a budget they are great.

not to mention the higher end squiers are suprisingly not bad at all
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
you said 350 was the magic number? a schecter gryphon is exactly that price if you can find it... amazing guitar
Find a used guitar. Look in pawnshops and guitar forums for guitars for sale.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Like I said, I wont order online. Although I was going to check a few Pawns but I still need ideas about what to look for.
I havnt actually played one but an agile might be good in your price range.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG