I was wondering if anyone else breaks a lot of low E and A strings. I usually break a string when i'm doing fast palm muting or alternate picking.
Only once. I almost never break strings
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Quote by OhioState
I was wondering if anyone else breaks a lot of low E and A strings. I usually break a string when i'm doing fast palm muting or alternate picking.

wow you are doing something really really wrong
1.your picks massively thick and your holding it in a vice grip
or
2 .you have a tremolo and through no fault of your own the saddles are sharp and are breaking the strings
hahaha.... at one point, i was playing bass a lot (with a pick)... then, suddenly, i had to switch back to acoustic guitar....... so..... i strummed too hard, and kept breaking the Low E string (on 3 separate guitars in 3 days).
I use dunlop 1.0 picks. The strings always break at the bridge. I cant change my technique much, but i'm up for suggestions. I need to have a nice grip in order to pull of the speed picking.
Wow. Thats some hard core palm muting. Do lightning bolts shoot from your fingers when you play.

Seriously man, ease up a bit. Poor guitar >:-)
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
^ That's nothing. I've broken a low B on a bass. A thick pick, and fast picking apparently isn't that good for strings.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by OhioState
I use dunlop 1.0 picks. The strings always break at the bridge. I cant change my technique much, but i'm up for suggestions. I need to have a nice grip in order to pull of the speed picking.

do you have a tremolo bridge?
Quote by the agony scene
do you have a tremolo bridge?

Yeah. I must have bridge and technique problems.
you need to check the saddles for any sharp edges then file them down to smooth them out ,if ou have no idea what im talking about just take it to your nearest guitar shop and ask them to take a look at it