Page 1 of 2
I need help coming up with a band name. How do I think of a band name!? This is hard.. ideas please? How did you come up with your band name? How did the greats come up with their band names?

/n00b
maybe try going to the band naming thread, in the promote your band forum... that might help

also TBBotP sounds like a band that would catch fire, wasted opportunity right there
i used a lot of thesaurus.com, and looked through pages and pages of greek mythology and zodiac symbols, and looked through millions of pages in the dictionary for cool words, and often i would back up and try to think of what type of music my band made and what we wanted to portray.

it took forever for me, so i feel your pain bro.

looking through great quotes, literary works, mythology, science fiction, or anything about the occult is sometimes helpful, but usually it just strikes you and all of the research was pointless.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Wrong forum
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by scarfacesuit
i used a lot of thesaurus.com, and looked through pages and pages of greek mythology and zodiac symbols, and looked through millions of pages in the dictionary for cool words, and often i would back up and try to think of what type of music my band made and what we wanted to portray.

it took forever for me, so i feel your pain bro.

looking through great quotes, literary works, mythology, science fiction, or anything about the occult is sometimes helpful, but usually it just strikes you and all of the research was pointless.

And i like that guys idea.
I'm Tyler
I don't want anything cheesy, stupid, or religious. And my drummer doesn't want anything too "anti-christ"
I have a list of a few hundred names I came up with for my middle school band. I chose "The Flaming Shits," since most of my songs were about bodily functions.
I say just come up with whatever and don't think about it too hard.

If you of names like The Who, The Beatles, The Doors, and AC/DC, they're not really anything too special, its just the fact that they're legendary bands is what makes the name sound good.

I'm sure that no matter what you name your band, if you became as big as one of those bands your name won't sound weird.

People will only really think of the name the first or second time they hear it. After it becomes a common thing to them it won't stand out as much.

EDIT: And if I were you I would choose " " as your band name so people wouldn't say your name, they'd just sigh and roll their eyes.
@

No, I don't want an unpronounceable symbol name. We just need a decent name for now
Marty McCracken and the Soldiers from Omega Delta IX.

Fart Blossom

Gigliotti

Erotic Gerbils

Through the Systematic Learning of Lies

DoublePlusGood

Black Dawn

I just came up with those off the top of my head. *shrugs*
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
The name did not make the band great. The great bands made their names famous. Not the other way around.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
No, I don't want some crazy awesome name, I just want a decent band name. I can't think of anything original and that still makes sense. (We all of think of lame names such as "Subliminal Masterminds" and random/lame things)
Quote by guyperson
Magnitude 80
Magnitude Eighty

But seriously, that's what the drummer of my band first suggested when we were coming up with names for our band.

See what I mean.. Unoriginal
A# (sharp) Fart
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
easy, just have John Entwisle make fun of your band, in his slander will lie an amazing band name.
They say good things come in small packages. You know what else comes in small packages? Unrelenting pain and horror.
Fountain First Nation

Trillium Series

Zig Zag Girl

The Sakura Bank

Alberta Highway 22X

Kommuninvest

...yep.. you can thank me later
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Page 1 of 2