Ok so my budget is around $220

Ive listened to several opinions and done a little research myself and the choices oif new amp i should get have been narrowed down to:

*note*, i have found all these for under $240 so help me out*

Line 6 Flextone II Combo 1x12 ($220 possibly less if i can haggle)
Crate GLX65 (found it for $200)
Vox Valvetronix 30w ($240 new at GC)

but these all have effects which are what i want but...

which of these do you think would be best?
Last edited by jcp42877 at Sep 7, 2007,
Quote by Vantage
What kind of music do you play?

I like the Vox though.

alternative: fall out boy, my chem, taking back sunday, AAR, red jumpsuit apparatus, stuff like Christian hardrock (underoath, a day to remember) classic rock

ya i might get the Vox 30w at GC tomorrow, but.....im choosing to get an amp instead of new Duncan pups installed b/c people said more sound comes from the amp u use and i play a 15w now...is 15 more watts going to make a difference that much?

i mena the flextone is 75w and the crate is 65w and i know those are HUGE differences

and the crate has some nice effects on little things on it such as the built-in tuner and such
Quote by which ones pink
Don't get the Crate, it's crap, so now it's a toss-up between the other two. I've only played the Vox, it's a nice amp, but it's up to you now which one you get.

ya after reading practically every review on musiciansfriend.com, im leaning towards the Vox more, only reason i still might do the Flextone is b/c i found a $220 deal on ebay for one and another $200 OBO deal for one on my local craigslist.

But the crate is crap? it seems like its pretty good with all the stuff it has, but sound quality=not good?
effects and all that mumbo jumbo don't make an amp good, most cheap crappy amps are loaded down with that stuff just to be more appealing. always choose quality over quantity. I'd go for the vox personally.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Honestly, out of those, as much as I like my Vox, I'd choose the Flextone over it. One of Line 6s good amps
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
ya the Vox and Fleztone are looking like the ones now..any other suggestions?
Quote by jcp42877
alternative: fall out boy, my chem, taking back sunday, AAR, red jumpsuit apparatus, stuff like Christian hardrock (underoath, a day to remember) classic rock

ya i might get the Vox 30w at GC tomorrow, but.....im choosing to get an amp instead of new Duncan pups installed b/c people said more sound comes from the amp u use and i play a 15w now...is 15 more watts going to make a difference that much?

i mena the flextone is 75w and the crate is 65w and i know those are HUGE differences

and the crate has some nice effects on little things on it such as the built-in tuner and such

It's not about the wattage difference, it's just that the Flextone and the Vox sound way better than your old amp or than the Crate.

I saw go for the Flextone, just because it's a great deal.