Im in a....well pretty much just a garage band but I(the guitarist),the bassist and the lead singer are commited.But my drummer isnt.Me and the rest of the band want to actually do something while my drummer deosnt even take music seriously.But the problem is im 13 and go to a school where there is pretty much 1 drummer that I know of and thats him.Another problem is that were all really good friends.what should I do?
It would be better not to have a drummer than to have one that couldn't care less about music. Tell him that it has nothing to do with your friendship, but that he can't be in your band if he doesn't take it more seriously.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Quote by Instrumetal
It would be better not to have a drummer than to have one that couldn't care less about music. Tell him that it has nothing to do with your friendship, but that he can't be in your band if he doesn't take it more seriously.

exactly

but at the same time im gonna put it out there, your 13 year old garage band probably wont matter in the long run. you'll get to highschool and meet many talented musicians, thats when you want to take things seriously.
i was in my first band when i was your age and i dont even talk to those kids anymore
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
yeah I know that.And im posotive im not gonna get big with this band im just looking at it as a.....learning experience
John 5Dimebag DarrelJimi HendrixSlash Foo Fighters

Quote by slash457
yeah I know that.And im posotive im not gonna get big with this band im just looking at it as a.....learning experience

its a great learning experience. i'm taking my band seriously now, if this was my first band i'd have no idea what to do. but trust me man, when i got to highschool i met so many musicians and started jamming with all different people, it'll be the same for you
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
thanks for the advice
John 5Dimebag DarrelJimi HendrixSlash Foo Fighters

Talk to him about it first, tell him that everyone wants to take the band seriously and e needs to shape up
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown