So I went to GC tonight to get a new tube and a 1 spot...they didn't have my tube, but I was able to take advantage of some post labor day sales. I got cables that were 25 bucks for 10 bucks, some pedal couplers for 5. My 1 Spot. And I had a pretty awesomely hott girl as my assisstant. I tried out some LP's and Strats, inlcuding the VG strat which I found very awesome, and some pedals I plan on getting soon.

It made up for the lack of tubes, but anyway, this was mainly made in my excitement, but anyone else take advantage of some post sale sales, have a cool associate help you, or try out some awesome gear?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
no, i hate GC. even though my local store costs a bit more than GC they do things that GC wont do:

1. Complementary setups if your guitar is playing sub par
2. Extended warranties that go past the warranty of the company
3. Don't push you into buying stuff whenever you walk into their store
4. Very quite environment so you can actually hear your amp
5. Extremely nice people that will let you play anything no matter what level of playing you are and answer any questions for you
6. Excellent work, I have never had a bad repair
7. People that actually know what their talking about (you have to have a degree in music to work at my local store, no joke)

http://www.faziosmusic.com/

local stores kick ass!
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

^+1, I prefer a store like Daddy's Junky Music to Guitar Center.

Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
And I had a pretty awesomely hott girl as my assisstant.

Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
i like the good looking girls at my gc i wonder how old they are. the only ppl i really find helpful in the guitar center are the old dudes. they're really nice and they dont answer questions like assholes and give me lots of picks every now and then
I see Guitar Center as the Walmart for musicians. They put my local shop out of business. Because they buy thousands of guitars at a time, they can sell a gibson/fender for less than the local music store and can even buy them as a dealer. You have to remember that the guitar retail industry is much smaller than you think. 3M sells more Scotch Tape in one month, than new guitars are sold in a year. So they march into city's/town's and undersell the local competition.

I also prefer the local store because they take pride in there work, and they treat your stuff like it was theirs. Always doing the best, and like he said again, they aren't completely out for you buck. They are happy for your business, but if it's not right for you to buy, it's not right for you to buy. No pressure. Also, the people that work their love the business [not that GC people don't but this is their life to them, not just a job.]
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
Quote by FrenchBread
I see Guitar Center as the Walmart for musicians. They put my local shop out of business. Because they buy thousands of guitars at a time, they can sell a gibson/fender for less than the local music store and can even buy them as a dealer. You have to remember that the guitar retail industry is much smaller than you think. 3M sells more Scotch Tape in one month, than new guitars are sold in a year. So they march into city's/town's and undersell the local competition.

I also prefer the local store because they take pride in there work, and they treat your stuff like it was theirs. Always doing the best, and like he said again, they aren't completely out for you buck. They are happy for your business, but if it's not right for you to buy, it's not right for you to buy. No pressure. Also, the people that work their love the business [not that GC people don't but this is their life to them, not just a job.]

well friggin said

*golf clap*
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic