hey guys i know there is a million of these threads, but my situation is alittle different. let me explain, i live on an island where there is no guitar stores, or commercial companies(ie no mcdonalds, burger king, etc.)

ive been playing guitar or about 2 year, i own a squier strat and a washburn d10 acoustic. my amp for my strat blows.

ok now i like the sound of the strat except the amp blows so i dont really know the true tone of a nice strat.

i need new electric guitar and amp for less then 600 dollars. i like to play black sabbah, eric clapton, and led zepplin kinda things.

please help!!

thanks so much.
ok for starters keep the strat, cause after a new amp you might find that you like it. For an amp I say look at a Vox Ad15 or better. And for a guitar probally either a epiphone G-400 or an agile AL Lp.
Try your Squier through a couple nicer amps, you might like it.

It could easily last you long enough for you to completely raise enough money for a new guitar after spending all $600 on an amp.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
no! whatever you do don't get a g400. i would say that you should go with a voxad15vt, then i have a few questions:
do you like the neck of your guitar? would you want thicker/thinner?
do you like the strat sound? or do you want a warmer humbucker sound
what dont you like about your guitar?
sell your squier. get a mim h-s-s strat. and spend like 200 on a good used amp. thats what id do
the neck i pefect i dont like the actual metal parts of the frets they are to high and kill on slides. i like the sounds but then again i dont really know how well this baby sings cause my amp blows.
So maybe start with a new amp, and save some for later if you want a different tonal style
Take your guitar to a local guitar shop, and say to them, "Ive got this guitar, and I want a new amp. Heres what I like to play. Help me out."
And they will.

Modelling amps are going to be your best bet for a Sabbathy sound, and the Zeppelin too I think, but you should be able to Eric Claptonize yourself with just about any decent amp.
Check out the Vox Valvetronix combo amps, the Roland Cubes, things of that nature.
If your Strat is an HSS/Fat Strat, you may have an easier time with Sabbath and Zeppelin and just a little more trouble with the Clapton stuff.
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
listen man i tried to explain, i live on an island, there is none of that stuff for 30 miles, i have to order it online i i want anything.
Quote by andrew6986
hey guys i know there is a million of these threads, but my situation is alittle different. let me explain, i live on an island where there is no guitar stores, or commercial companies(ie no mcdonalds, burger king, etc.)

He can't take his guitar into a local shop.......
^^ He already said there is no guitar shops where he lives..

TS if you play lots of heavy metal, get a Roland cube amp, and if you don't play so much get a VOX valvetronix amp. They are pretty much the best modelling/practice amps you can get and will fit in your budget well.

Then if you still don't like your guitar save up for a new guitar then, but a new amp will improve your sound a lot so I'd hold off getting a new guitar until you have your new amp and see how it is.

Also if the frets are sharp on the edges, grab a fine file and file off the sharp edges carefully. Then it will be nicer to play.
Any of them, but if your only looking for bedroom/practice volumes either the 15 or the 30. The only difference between them in the wattage meaning that the 30 can get louder and the 30 has a wattage control so you can lower the amount.