help plz i am a complete NOOB at guitar.
i use my friends guitar sometimes, but its crappy, so i cant do anything.

this is my first guitar, and i dont want to spend a ton of money for this.
i would use the guitar to play rock.

rock as in, like Avenged Sevenfold.

ive heard these different guitars, such as Les Paul, or Ibanez, or Fender, but i have no idea on wat to get lol.

can anybody help?
whats your budget sir?
I want you vincent745!

member #5 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
no idea.
tell me a price and i say too high or good.
wow thnx a lot.
i didnt even kno if anyone was gonna respond.
Look at what shape you want: (Google images) Les Paul or stratocaster. Then you get a Squier strat or an Epiphone LP. Oh if you wanna be a shr3dd3r, get an Ibanez. Those are all inexpensive and good quality.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
foosh the squire get the paccifica
I want you vincent745!

does anybody have a guitar that can relate to A7X?
or is it how u play it that makes the sound like that?
i am MAJOR noob so plz dont call me a idiot or retard
It's going to take ALOT of time to sound like them and ALOT of cash to match them 100%, Look at the strat starter packs, even though the amp blows at first you won't know untill you get some time under your belt. And once again to every one that says squier sucks first spell it RIGHT second play it with a decent amp.
strat...is that a new guitar brand like fender or ibanez?
or is it a guitar in a brand?
dammit, so confusing, but all this motivation will pay off when i get the guitar and learn to play.
lol imma like commit my life to it.
jk
**thnx gagnerants for the tips**
Strat is the shorthand name for stratocaster, the pack that I am talking about is made by squier. Squier is an off shoot of fender, you'll see this alot for guitar that are of a popular model style, like the les paul's and the SG's are made by gibsons and epiphones. Gibson is the parent company of epiphone, so that means the parent company is going to have alot bigger prices but once you hit a higher price point only they can match that high end quality. But for most people that don't make thousands in music these off shoots of parent companys do great.
Quote by 0jhawk0
strat...is that a new guitar brand like fender or ibanez?
or is it a guitar in a brand?
dammit, so confusing, but all this motivation will pay off when i get the guitar and learn to play.
lol imma like commit my life to it.
jk
**thnx gagnerants for the tips**

Start is slang for stratocaster the world famous design by fender guitars, however your budget, assuming its in dollars and not pounds stirling wont cover a fender, so a copy (be it licenced in squire) or a copy cat e.g. yamaha would be your best bet

It would be best to point out now, if ur going to be getting into a7x stuff this gent will need drop D and as such a tremalo guitar wont work too well for him.

Personally my friend i recomend you look up schecter, a7x amongst others use them, good bag for your buck guitars
I want you vincent745!

Don't forget that he will need an amp..... so a schecter would blow out his budget to get an amp
Quote by Robert_Terry
Start is slang for stratocaster the world famous design by fender guitars, however your budget, assuming its in dollars and not pounds stirling wont cover a fender, so a copy (be it licenced in squire) or a copy cat e.g. yamaha would be your best bet

It would be best to point out now, if ur going to be getting into a7x stuff this gent will need drop D and as such a tremalo guitar wont work too well for him.

Personally my friend i recomend you look up schecter, a7x amongst others use them, good bag for your buck guitars

Not if he's never even really played,why spend like 500-600 for a good schecter if you don't even know if you're really going to stick to guitar? i mean..in 5 years you could decide a7x really suck and there goes your motivation.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Quote by gagnerants
Don't forget that he will need an amp..... so a schecter would blow out his budget to get an amp

get good guitar, get hooked, get better amp. I still would rather a good guitar, some wait then good amp, then satisfactory guitar with pesh amp
I want you vincent745!

Quote by electricsnake
Not if he's never even really played,why spend like 500-600 for a good schecter if you don't even know if you're really going to stick to guitar? i mean..in 5 years you could decide a7x really suck and there goes your motivation.

no doubt he could, but in 5 years he if he getw hooked will get more guitars, and a shecter would hold its value better in resale then a squire if he odes give up
I want you vincent745!

also my friend, a humbucker gives a thick sound good for anything punk, rock, metal grunge etc, single coils give thinner more trebly tones, e.g pop music, rhcp, hendrix, they do classic rock fantastically (imo) but if ur into a7x style music they would not sound too great
I want you vincent745!

the Ibanez IJX121 , or the Squier® Stop Dreaming Start Playing SE Special looks pretty good.
its just that idk how it will sound
ahh ever heard of iron maidens mate? They used strats, and ps there is a thing called a fat strat that is equipped with a humbucker.
this has to be a joke account or topic?.. any way. best way to find out what YOU want is to go to a guitar center or something and try them out
The ibanez would suit you better over that strat, also if your willing to save up some over ther epiphone g-400 with the amp would suit you as well.
My Suggestion-

Guitar-
RG321-http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG321MHGN-Electric-Guitar?sku=517963
Very versatile, works well in drop D tuning, thin neck.

Amp-
Roland Microcube-http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp?sku=481169
My favourite practice amp, good distortion, built in effects.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS