Im buying a half-stack (have never had one) pretty soon and I need to know which one would be good. Kind of metalcore ish. Killswitch Engage,Children of Bodom, Unearth Tone is what im aiming at. Price range 800 and under. Ive heard alot of stuff about line 6 but at the same time ive heard they arent loud and sound too digital...and mesas are good but are expensive. little help?
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
I peed while riding down a little slope in a trolley.

Because I'm so hardcore.

Quote by J Lock
No.
Wrong.
Yes, your opinion is wrong.

J Lock Likes The C***
line 6 arent that great. but they came out iwht the spider tube that i havent tried yet...

mesa is amazing but pretty expensive.

krank is one of the best but also very expensive.

maybe try out a peavey windsor? might get you about where you wanna be.

best advice: go to a music shop. like guitar center, and try out different amps. youll find something you like.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
Well the problem with Line 6 is that they're mostly solid state (haven't tried their tube amps).

They sound good at low volumes, but if you're willing to spend 800, get a tube amp.

Hell, if you wanted to spend like 600 you could get a Peavy Valveking 212, thats tube, 100 watts (since its tube, thats plenty for gigging, it sounds like 250 solid state watts).

If you wanted to go more expensive, The Peavy Valveking Head and cabs are pretty nice, too. The head is like 530ish and the cab is somewhere like 400.

Here's some links:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_peavey_valveking_212_combo_amp?full_sku=104003389
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_peavey_valveking_100_head?full_sku=104003231
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_peavey_valveking_412_guitar_cabinet?full_sku=104003314

That's just Peavy for you, I personally play metal, too, and I like the Valveking tone for it.
^ which is better for the price?

a peavey windsor combo or the valveking combo
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
thanks bro. really helps
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
I peed while riding down a little slope in a trolley.

Because I'm so hardcore.

Quote by J Lock
No.
Wrong.
Yes, your opinion is wrong.

J Lock Likes The C***
+1 to the 5150.

I'd also suggest a Mesa F-30/F-50 combo, as well as possibly a Rect-O-Verb combo. They should be in your price range if you look used.

If you don't want to go used, you could also look into the B-52 AT-212, it's probably the best amp for what you want (imo) you won't have to add an OD to it for the tones you want.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by which ones pink
Try a used Peavey 5150 as well. It's called the 6505 now though, so look for that in a music store.

word
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?