I don't know how to connect these

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fostex-PM1-MKII-Active-Nearfield-Studio-Monitors-Pair?sku=600685

to this

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Boss-BR600-Digital-Recorder?sku=241151

what kind of cable(s) do i need? do i need to buy any additional equipment to connect them?
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
w00t...i have the same machine....

but im not 100% sure on this,

u know the in.out aux. at the top of it?

try to find a matching chord to that, if that doesnt work, there has to be some kind of an adapter, im not sure dude i just use the headphones
Quote by lobster624
"are you an angel because i have an erection."
the br-600 is great, isnt it?

do you mean the red and white cables (RCA) at the top that say "Line Out"? the only adaptors i could find from RCA are ones that go from RCA into 1/4" jacks. these monitors are XLR/TRS.... which i have never even heard of.

yeah until i figure this out im also using headphones... which is a big mistake for final mixes
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by jakekilgore666
Use 1/4" cables into a DI box, then run an XLR to the monitors. Should work.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
From the pictures I see two 1/4" jacks on the back. I'm not familiar with the unit, are those inputs or outputs?

Either way, line out is what you want. If the unit doesn't offer balanced outs then I wouldn't call it a good machine.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
From the pictures I see two 1/4" jacks on the back. I'm not familiar with the unit, are those inputs or outputs?

Those are Mic inputs. It comes with an XLR-1/4" apaptor
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish

Quote by jakekilgore666
I don't know the first thing about impedance matching (or if it matters here), but I would go

RCA -> 1/8" (3.5mm) -> 1/4" (7mm) -> XLR/TRS (are these those cables with the blue connectors?)

All of those can be connected via some sort of adapter, but be warned that 1/4" -> XLR are pretty expensive, like $16 at RadioShack.