now for the past couple of days ive been really listening to Big D and the Kids Table album Strictly Rude because from what i can gather on this forum most people think that its a fairly 2nd wave album. Now i can understand why people want to classify it as second wave because of its similar beats. but with songs like snakebite and strictly rude can you really say that its 2nd wave?
now im not going to go and throw it straight into 3rd wave, cause even though songs like noise complaint have definit roots in the faster pace 3rd wave stuff over all it feels to me like its a mix of the both. some how a 2.5 wave in a sense.
After saying that its 2.5 wave i almost want to say its what the 4th wave may sound like, a mixture of 3rd and 2nd wave. This is just all some crazy stuff ive been thinking about over the past couple of days so its probably wrong, but what do you guys think, is strictly rude 3rd wave 2nd wave or a mix and in that case could this be the 4th wave of Ska?
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
i love big d and the kids table. sometimes there 2nd wave, sometimes 3rd wave. i like to categorize them as freaking awesomeness.
It's 3rd wave, the band's 3rd wave. There's a lot of bands around that have that 2nd wave sound, But it's still 3rd wave ska.
the waves are based around time...

like the toasters have a definite two tone second wave sound, but are definently third wave. this is a stupid thread, i can't believe someone actually had to ask this
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
How come everyone likes Strictly Rude so much? Granted, its an okay album, but How It Goes and The Gipsy Hill EP were both more varied stylistically.

Whatever, Big D is still awesome.
I highly recommend that everyone interested in making money online join this site.

<3
well i don't care much about them, the wave's are time periods.

we have to wait for ska to fall out of fashion before we can even think of "fourth wave"
New wave ska
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
already happened basically.

alot of The (english) Beat's songs have al ittle new wavity to them

specially Rotating Head.
I know, but it wasn't its own wave
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by mike2
the waves are based around time...

like the toasters have a definite two tone second wave sound, but are definently third wave. this is a stupid thread, i can't believe someone actually had to ask this

hey screw you, i cant ask a question or start a discussion on something that i am generaly interested in. Does it really make you feel tough calling **** stupid, does it make you better then me, so **** off and dont flame me for asking peoples opinions.

on topic: so i guess the general consensus is that waves are based around time not sound. that is something i didnt quite understand, i always thought sound had more to do with it that era.
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ska

hey, maybe instead of wasting your time and ours you should just look it up yourself. Ya dumb ****. And how does ****ing Big D sound like a second wave band anyways? They sound like all those other ****ty third wave bands, poppy rock ****.

see what it says in wikipedia, it is disected into the different waves, and each of them begins with a decade. and if you are so into ska, how do you not know this?!?!?!?!?!
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Quote by BostonLacrosse
hey screw you, i cant ask a question or start a discussion on something that i am generaly interested in. Does it really make you feel tough calling **** stupid, does it make you better then me, so **** off and dont flame me for asking peoples opinions.

on topic: so i guess the general consensus is that waves are based around time not sound. that is something i didnt quite understand, i always thought sound had more to do with it that era.

no, you're an idiot, waves are periods of time, not sounds. its extremly simple to understand. dont call other people dumb when you dont even know a basic thing.
Quote by mike2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ska

hey, maybe instead of wasting your time and ours you should just look it up yourself. Ya dumb ****. And how does ****ing Big D sound like a second wave band anyways? They sound like all those other ****ty third wave bands, poppy rock ****.

see what it says in wikipedia, it is disected into the different waves, and each of them begins with a decade. and if you are so into ska, how do you not know this?!?!?!?!?!

alright i was wrong, as i said before i thought the waves were more based on sound then on time period. If asked I would have classified The Toasters as a 2nd wave band. I know that 1st 2nd and 3rd wave have general time periods but i didnt know thats what made them 1st 2nd and 3rd wave. But now i know that the classifications are based on time periods and not how they sound. You dont need to be a jackass about it all, i was just asking a question trying to potentially start a discussion about it all. so im sorry, i was wrong but whats the point of being here if i cant grow in my understanding of the genre.

Quote by GannonBracewell

discussion? what is to discuss! you asked a question, that you could have done research on and found the answer, and it has been answered....

this is over.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

You can by definition be a 3rd wave band but have a 2 wave sound. And there's never an excuse to swear at someone or call them names for asking a question.

That being said, check your inboxes
And Big D's album =