I really, really want a Rickenbacker, but they seem so hard to come by. Not too mention even if I had a job, it'd take me like 15 weeks or even more to save up for one.

I have to say my main attraction to the Rickenbacker is the shorter scale length; it's the only bass I've found that's under 34".

What I'm asking is if there are any other basses with a shorter scale length than 34"? I really don't want to spend the money on a Ric, and they seem really hard to even come by online.

So are there any other options?
2006 Warwick
MASTODON
Umm.....the only short scale bass Ric ever made was the 3000...and good luck finding one of those. I'm pretty sure that all teh 4000 series has a 34" scale. Anyways, check out some Fender Mustangs, or Gibson EB-3s.
I think the 4003 is 33 1/4". I guess to clarify my question, I'm looking for something around there. Not sure why, it just appeals more to me. Thanks for the suggestions though.
2006 Warwick
MASTODON
EB-0 (SG bass)

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Have you considered building a short scale? Warmoth might have the parts you need or you could scavenge them and make your own "FrankenBass"!
If you got the money, just order a neck from Warmoth and bolt it on the body style of your choice. Well, the body has to be bolt on style, but that doesn't limit you all too much.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
EB-0 (SG bass)

If you do get this don't get the epiphone version, save up and find a gibson.