Val Kilmer
9 7%
George Clooney
16 13%
Christian Bale
42 33%
Voters: 126.
Page 1 of 4
Ok I know (or at least hope) UG has seen if not all, then some of the Batman films. I was just wondering who UG thinks played the best Batman.

Poll Coming.
666 BRO

Sorry man, I don't like what they did with the new movie.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Pfft Adam West no contest, although Val Kilmer looked the most like Batman/Bruce Wayne should. I couldn't buy Clooney or Keaton as Batman.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Sorry man, I don't like what they did with the new movie.

True, I really dislike the whole "armor" look. They should use the same costume from that fan film i showed you. It looked great on there, why not on the silver screen?

Quote by Sloopy
Pfft Adam West no contest, although Val Kilmer looked the most like Batman/Bruce Wayne should. I couldn't buy Clooney or Keaton as Batman.

Adam West was more of a novelty choice. He represented the early age Batman, now the Dark Knight series Batman is the best Batman.
666 BRO
Val Kilmer, i think he was the best... Adam West is a close second and Christian Bale in third. I Always thought that George Clooney was terrible.
Hmm, I liked Bale as Batman. He also pulled off Bruce Wayne pretty well IMO. Although Keaton was in close second. Kilmer is definitely third. Sorry old school Batman, you're too happy.
666 BRO
^ That Clooney movie sucked major too. They relied too much on the stars attached to the project (Arnold, Uma, Clooney).
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!

Apparently they mailed Bale a prototype of the new Bat-Suit with nipples on it as a joke. Imagine if they kept the nips.
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
True, I really dislike the whole "armor" look. They should use the same costume from that fan film i showed you. It looked great on there, why not on the silver screen?

Adam West was more of a novelty choice. He represented the early age Batman, now the Dark Knight series Batman is the best Batman.

I hated Adam West Batman, he was unbelievably ****ing campy. But you DO know everyone's going to vote for him because of FG.

As for me.. I dunno, even though Tim Burton shouldn't have been given the opportunity to do the Batman films, they will alway be my favorite, because they were part of my childhood. And the second one, with Danny DeVito was ****in' wicked. It scared the piss out of me as a kid. I just don't like how they have the actual character of Bruce Wayne portrayed in the new movies.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I hated Adam West Batman, he was unbelievably ****ing campy. But you DO know everyone's going to vote for him because of FG.

As for me.. I dunno, even though Tim Burton shouldn't have been given the opportunity to do the Batman films, they will alway be my favorite, because they were part of my childhood. And the second one, with Danny DeVito was ****in' wicked. It scared the piss out of me as a kid. I just don't like how they have the actual character of Bruce Wayne portrayed in the new movies.

+1 I loved the two Burton films. I think they dropped him because it was hard to market Penguin action figures to children. His movies did have more sinister themes than say, Batman and Robin or Batman Forever. Damn parents!
666 BRO
Clooney was a joke (not that he's a bad actor, but he just plain sucked in that film), the new movies are redeeming the series. I loved Batman Begins.

Bale got my vote.
Quote by Kankuro
+1 I loved the two Burton films. I think they dropped him because it was hard to market Penguin action figures to children. His movies did have more sinister themes than say, Batman and Robin or Batman Forever. Damn parents!

Well, there's a line by Kevin Smith, after he joked that Tim Burton stole his ending to the new Planet of the Apes movie, where Burton claimed to have never read a comic book in his entire life. And Kevin made a joke to the affect of.. I'm aware of that, I've seen the first two Batman movies.

But, I mean.. It just seems to me that he would have had to read the Frank Miller version of Batman to make those movies. I just wish the Batman movies all still had the dark feeling, red, white, and black colors, and the winter settings.

By the way, I think Val Kilmer made a piss poor Batman. He needs to stick to playing in movies like Willow where he's a hardass. He can't handle the Dark Knight, Son!
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Well, there's a line by Kevin Smith, after he joked that Tim Burton stole his ending to the new Planet of the Apes movie, where Burton claimed to have never read a comic book in his entire life. And Kevin made a joke to the affect of.. I'm aware of that, I've seen the first two Batman movies.

But, I mean.. It just seems to me that he would have had to read the Frank Miller version of Batman to make those movies. I just wish the Batman movies all still had the dark feeling, red, white, and black colors, and the winter settings.

By the way, I think Val Kilmer made a piss poor Batman. He needs to stick to playing in movies like Willow where he's a hardass. He can't handle the Dark Knight, Son!

Frank Miller's Batman is the ONLY Batman. Yeah, I really can't stand the "campy" versions of Batman, it's embarrassing. Kilmer was my third choice because he's the next best thing. Come on, West? Clooney? Oh, and not many can handle the Dark Knight.
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
Frank Miller's Batman is the ONLY Batman. Yeah, I really can't stand the "campy" versions of Batman, it's embarrassing. Kilmer was my third choice because he's the next best thing. Come on, West? Clooney? Oh, and not many can handle the Dark Knight.

I could handle the Dark Knight.

Actually, I have to say.. the best Batman of all time.. And no I'm not joking:
Kevin Conroy.

Better known as:

To the more casual, IE: Non-Lame fans.
Quote by vintage x metal

The Burton ones were by far the best. I especially love Batman Returns (Catwoman and Penguin? Awesome.).

Plus, Elfman's score for Batman Returns was PHENOMENAL. I encourage everyone to look up his interview about the Batman Returns score on Youtube. If you prove to me you watched the whole thing, I'll like you.
Last edited by yawn at Sep 8, 2007,
Seeing Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne kinda makes me laugh cause the only thing I think of when I see Christian Bale in a suit is American Psycho. Haha think about it, suit by day, bat by night...suit by day, murderous psycho by night, I see serious crossover potential. =D
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I could handle the Dark Knight.

Actually, I have to say.. the best Batman of all time.. And no I'm not joking:
Kevin Conroy.

Better known as:

To the more casual, IE: Non-Lame fans.

I remember that show, amazing.

Quote by TheDukeVineyard
Seeing Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne kinda makes me laugh cause the only thing I think of when I see Christian Bale in a suit is American Psycho. Haha think about it, suit by day, bat by night...suit by day, murderous psycho by night, I see serious crossover potential. =D

American Psycho =
666 BRO
I met Adam West at a car show when I was little. He signed a picture for me and wrote "Zap! Batman!" on it...he wins.

I loved Val and Christian Bale though...
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Michael Keaton, clearly.

Who else could go from Beetlejuice to Batman?
i'm sorry to burst anyones bubble but batman sucks. He doesn't even have superpowers he just had gagets and lots of money
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
Quote by Kankuro

American Psycho =

I might be a little ****ed in the head but I think that movie is hilarious!! Like when the ATM machine says "Feed me stray cats" bahaha =D
Quote by Adamus9
i'm sorry to burst anyones bubble but batman sucks. He doesn't even have superpowers he just had gagets and lots of money

And you like COB, so who sucks now?

Anyhoo.. Anyone else wish there was a:

Movie? I would want Sylvestor Stallone to play him, but with a better voice actor.

OH! That's who I think needs to do the Batman series.. Garth Ennis. He did MARVELOUS ****ing things for The Punisher.. cause seriously, the way they were going with that franchise before he signed on.. With the aliens and ****.. Was just ridiculous.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 8, 2007,
^ +1

Quote by Adamus9

Obviously that's what makes him. He doesn't have super-powers so he has to work that much harder. What he lacks in powers he makes up for with his cunning wit and his unsurpassed physical shape. Yes I'm a nerd.

Quote by TheDukeVineyard
I might be a little ****ed in the head but I think that movie is hilarious!! Like when the ATM machine says "Feed me stray cats" bahaha =D

Well I consider it a "Dark Comedy", more of a satire of 80's life. It's funny regardless of genre.
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
^ +1

Obviously that's what makes him. He doesn't have super-powers so he has to work that much harder. What he lacks in powers he makes up for with his cunning wit and his unsurpassed physical shape. Yes I'm a nerd.

Well I consider it a "Dark Comedy", more of a satire of 80's life. It's funny regardless of genre.

I used to argue with this kid in my study hall who never read a comic book in his life, who would insist that Batman does constitute as a superhero because he is a genius. This always pissed me off.. Firstly, I got annoyed because a lot of people are trying to act as nerdy as possible because it's cooler now.. But also because, being a genius has no bearing on it. That's like saying Einstein is a superhero. He never did admit that he was wrong, either.. I explained to him a million times that a super hero is someone who has super powers. A super power is a power that exceeds human capability.. Being a genius is within human capability.

I hate n00bs.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
And you like COB, so who sucks now?

Anyhoo.. Anyone else wish there was a:

Movie? I would want Sylvestor Stallone to play him, but with a better voice actor.

OH! That's who I think needs to do the Batman series.. Garth Ennis. He did MARVELOUS ****ing things for The Punisher.. cause seriously, the way they were going with that franchise before he signed on.. With the aliens and ****.. Was just ridiculous.

Oh hell yeah, I am a huge Preacher fan!! And on the subject of comic book movies, if they do another installment of X-men they better put Gambit in it! Seriously why hasn't he had a role in the movies yet? Furthermore I think if he weren't so damn old now Clint Eastwood would make the best Gambit!!
Quote by Kankuro
^ +1

What do you think a Garth Ennis style Batman would be like? I imagine it'd probably be one of the most ****ed up pieces of badass since Milk and Cheese.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by TheDukeVineyard
Oh hell yeah, I am a huge Preacher fan!! And on the subject of comic book movies, if they do another installment of X-men they better put Gambit in it! Seriously why hasn't he had a role in the movies yet? Furthermore I think if he weren't so damn old now Clint Eastwood would make the best Gambit!!

I love you.

And I just wish they'd stop making X-men movies.. Hugh Jackman doesn't deserve the role of Wolverine. He really doesn't. He's a skinny little bitch. I need a real man.. someone who ****ing scares me.

A real badass.

And I want them to do the Wolverin Origins movie.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I love you.

And I just wish they'd stop making X-men movies.. Hugh Jackman doesn't deserve the role of Wolverine. He really doesn't. He's a skinny little bitch. I need a real man.. someone who ****ing scares me.

A real badass.

And I want them to do the Wolverin Origins movie.

I heard something about the possiblility of the Wolverine origins movie, is that in the works now? I'd see it for sure, I just hope it'll do some justice to the writers.
Christian Bale by far was the best. Keaton was good but...a bit too meh. Batman Begins is my favourite comic book hero movie. I liked Batman Returns but it still lacked as a movie.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by TheDukeVineyard
I heard something about the possiblility of the Wolverine origins movie, is that in the works now? I'd see it for sure, I just hope it'll do some justice to the writers.

I don't think it's in the works. I don't actually want it to be live action, I want it to be a cartoon. It's been awhile since I've read it, I gave a lot of my comic books to my ex-girlfriend. The cheating bitch..
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
What do you think a Garth Ennis style Batman would be like? I imagine it'd probably be one of the most ****ed up pieces of badass since Milk and Cheese.

Now you've got me wishing he would write that.
666 BRO
Quote by Kankuro
Now you've got me wishing he would write that.

Well, I just think if he did, his version would possibly out-do Frank Miller. As much as I loved Frank Miller's version.. I felt is lacked something. It wasn't subtle enough, and I felt the stories were too short and what not. It kinda just jumped around from Super Baddy to Super Baddy. I think Garth would take more time on each character, and just make it more interesting. Plus, I think his story would probably be more well-rounded.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I don't think it's in the works. I don't actually want it to be live action, I want it to be a cartoon. It's been awhile since I've read it, I gave a lot of my comic books to my ex-girlfriend. The cheating bitch..

its listed for 2009 on IMDB, with Jackman as Wolverine.

that doesnt definitely mean it will happen.
^ Damn it... I recently read Origin (Pretty much Wolvie's Origins) and loved it. If the film follows that story line, I hope it won't be as bad as the X-Men trilogy.
666 BRO
They shoulda let ME do Wolverine's Origins.. I would have made it even better. I would have included all kinds of weird ****.. Like he was abducted by aliens, and they implanted memories of the Weapon program. And then there was some kinda weird ass conspiracy.. involving.. I dunno, werewolves or something.
Quote by vintage x metal

Page 1 of 4