http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Mogami-Gold-Instrument-Cable-AngledStraight-?sku=338012

I need to get a better cable for my Sheraton. I have a few questions:

does anyone have any experience with this cable?
and
Whenever I plug an angled cable into my Sheraton, the nut on the input jack seems to come loose and move around a lot. When I have a straight cable in there, its fine but I need an angled cable. How do i fix this problem?

thanks

EDIT: Look on Post 10
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Sep 8, 2007,
Quote by which ones pink
Hmm, I have the same problem on my Epi LP, except it happens when I have the straight end plugged in.
And I'm assuming that if you pay $50 for a cable, it's going to work great.

well the input on the sheraton is actually on the top of the body near the volume and tone knobs so.......

and I would never assume that something that costs more than a regular cable would be better. *cough* MG halfstacks $600 *cough*
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Those cables are supposed to be good.

And pretty much ALL Epiphones input sockets come loose all the time, I dunno why or how but it just seems to be an issue with Epis.

Just keep a pair of pliers handy to tighten it back up when you see it starting to come loose. I'm not sure about any definite way to fix that problem apart from just keeping tightening it.
Put a locking nut on the input jack...it will not budge.

Or, it you want to get creative, smear some caulk or something of the sort on the nut, then screw it on...let it dry, and again, it will sit tight.

As for the cables, they are good. IMO, though, planet waves are just as good, and cheaper.
I'd go with what ibanez4life said and put a locking nut on the jack. On the topic of the cables I haven't heard anything but good things about them thus far. I was on a stint searching for an angled cable for quite some time and Jenny recommended CBI angled cables to me and I love them now. I also tried out CoreX2 angled cables on a whim and they are great also. They are thicker then a lot of the cables I used and as a result are hard to move but with a long enough length its doesn't matter.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
i'd get the mogami's. PWs arent that good really, i had 2. one crapped out and the other doesnt sound as good as my canares.
Quote by TheDev01dOne

Just keep a pair of pliers handy to tighten it back up when you see it starting to come loose. I'm not sure about any definite way to fix that problem apart from just keeping tightening it.

True, but make sure you actually reset the whole input. IE, take off the plate itself and tighten the nut with a nut driver. I mean REALLY tighten the **** out of that thing. I have an epi LP myself and I've found that in doing this, I only have to reset it once every few months rather than every few weeks.
I used PW's for a while and then went to CBI's when a guitar I came with included a CBI Goldrush cable with it. They were excellent cables, but I eventually moved into Mogami Golds when I needed a variety of different lengths. The Golds are fantastic for what they are, but have enough capacitance to where if you're using 40 feet of cable it really shows itself in the tone. They're still better than the similarly priced Monsters, but certainly aren't "high end" cables.

Between the guitar and the power amp I'm now using 50 feet of cable, all of which is Mogami Platinum on account of the capacitance issue with lower grade cable. I'm running from the guitar to the pedal board to the amp, then from the effects send back to the pedal board and back to the effects return. When I was using Mogami Golds, the highs were weaker, and the overall tone was less crisp, but at the same time they were indeed brighter and more crisp than the PW's or the CBI's.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
so what would be a better cable that everyone could agree upon rather than the Magomis? I can go as high as about $80

EDIT: i use a semi hollow and a Fender tube amp if that makes a difference
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Vovox and Cream make pretty much the best cable around according to Guitarist magazine - the boutiques of the cable world but with a pricetag to match...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Actually, my input jack used to get loose every time I took the cable out. What I did is I took a pliers and tightened it and it has never come loose since. Just saying.
Ben
George L's for the win. That is, the actual lead, not the connectors (they suck).
if you really want high end cables then go for lava cables. hes got a wide range of them
NO! MOGAMI SUCKS!

That is a brand I will bash because I fullheartedly believe it. I had a Mogami Gold end break off after about a month of use.

Dimarzio, Planet Waves, and Colbalt cables are the best bang for your buck.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio