wel heres the story. My friends and i just started up a band, and decided to play acoustic stuff. Female singer, acoustic guitar, electric gutiar, drums, bass, and a HARP. The problem is, the space we have to practice in, which is the drummers house, has all the gear we need, amps, drumkit, PA system for vocals, he paid for it all coz hes a legend. But the only problem is that we cant amplify the harp much at all. The harp is shaped like a D, and teh straight side gets lifted off the ground, and its hollow, so we put a microphone under there, and it does very little. The microphone needs to be up so loud that it starts feeding back if it gets too close to anything, and even then, it doesn't get much sound through it. So we need a new way, any ideas? We really need help on this for the band to work, because she sings backup vocals as well and doesn't play another instrument except piano, and we don't really want a piano in the band. Thank guys. Please help

P.S. sorry if this is the wrong forum, theres not so many threads on harps lol.
Quote by Doobergn
You dont want a piano but you want a harp...........

yeah man, if you can hear a harp being played by someone when they're right there, you know why they're associated with angels.the piano doesnt have that mellow sound that the harp does.
Get one or two violin microphones/amplifiers, and use painters tape or another low-adhesion tape (as not to hurt the body of the harp) in order to mount the microphone(s). Do it on the inner crest of the harp body, about waist level on the harpist while he/she's sitting and the harp is tilted into the playing position.
Quote by skeptopotamus
Get one or two violin microphones/amplifiers, and use painters tape or another low-adhesion tape (as not to hurt the body of the harp) in order to mount the microphone(s). Do it on the inner crest of the harp body, about waist level on the harpist while he/she's sitting and the harp is tilted into the playing position.

i love you.
Quote by woodenbandman
ribbon microphone.

please explain. whats a ribbon microphone and how much would it cost?
then a keyboard instead of a piano? keyboards are cool. you WANT them in your band.