Page 1 of 2
you say something really meaningful, that you just want somebody to hear, but they don't appreciate it?

I was just talking to a friend on msn, and this is what happened (I'm luke):

-SPORK- says:
bleh. i hate school
too much homework/assignments

\m/ luke \m/ says:
yeah. ive gotta get back to it on monday.... it was a nice 2 weeks off though, we didnt have to go to school when exams werent on, so it felt like the weekend..

-SPORK- says:
mm i havnt had exams yet
i just want to give up and surf all day
everyday

\m/ luke \m/ says:
yeah. i know the feeling.... im so ready to just give up...

-SPORK- says:
mmm
i srsly see no point in finishing school then going to uni and getting a good job that takes up 40+ hours a week
all i want to do is surf all day n sex all night

\m/ luke \m/ says:
our whole lives, we're taught to chase this thing. and we dont know what it is, we're just told that its really great. so we go to school, and high shool, and uni, and everything so that we can be better prepared to chase the thing. then, we start work, and we get a raise and another one, and all along this thing is being dangled right in front of us and we are still trying to catch it, because its a purpose. once we catch this thing, we'll have finnished what we're expected to do, finnished what everyone says we should do.

so anyway, we'll work and work for our whole life, chasing this thing. and then one day, we're gona wake up, and we'll be 50 years old and we'll say "my god, ive got it!!". but then we'll realize that the thing was just an empty promise. and even though we've climbed as high as we can go, we really havnt achieved anything. and it'll be ****.... life will have chewed us up and spat us out. and it will have cheated, just like it always does....

-SPORK- says:
uuh...

share some similar experiences with us, and maybe someone in the pit will be able to understand your divine words of wisdom.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
I would have read this, but I didn't want to hear about it..

And yes.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
dude, you're 16, chill the hell out.

And if you're not happy with the direction your life is going in, change it. problem solved.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Write a song about it, that always helps me when there's something weighing on my mind or there's some idea I need to express. Better yet if you perform the song later many people will receive the message.
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
she probably just didnt want to read it all, like me.

im sure it was something really deep and insightful though.
There really wasn't that much to read...

I hate that to. But I usually don't rant to my friends.
Bah, don't even get me started on that shit. I'm a pretty big philosophy and religion buff, so whenever I'm talking to a friend or a girlfriend I'll get going on rants all the time, then I'll finish actually expecting a decent conversation half the damn time those airheaded bitches didn't even find it necessary to listen to what I was saying because it was something actually requiring intelligence.

I hate people who pride themselves on ignorance, I really, really do.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Your still young (16?), and I'm not much older, so I don't tend to worry about such things. Grow up, have fun, live life.

EDIT: Lol, and I just realized I strayed from your point. Yeah, that does piss me off, but then again, I just did it.
Nikolas
instagata0, you're too smart for all of these people.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
^ "All of these people" includes me...
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
^ Here's a more suitable comment: He's in touch with his inner emotions.
666 BRO
I was talking to my ex about the very thing you were talking about there

Basically, we were born to reproduce, we go to school to work, we work to live, and the cycle goes around and around.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
^ Very true statement. As the lyrics of a Metric song are somewhat similar "Buy this car to drive to work, drive to work to pay for this car".
666 BRO
Bah, don't even get me started on that shit. I'm a pretty big philosophy and religion buff, so whenever I'm talking to a friend or a girlfriend I'll get going on rants all the time, then I'll finish actually expecting a decent conversation half the damn time those airheaded bitches didn't even find it necessary to listen to what I was saying because it was something actually requiring intelligence.

I hate people who pride themselves on ignorance, I really, really do.

I'm guessing they've heard enough of it before, and just disagree with you, and just don't care what you have to say because of it? Especially if when you talk to them you sound as arrogant as you do now.

And I mean no offense to you, because I'm exactly the same way. Life's tough when you're a dick.

It's just.. You can't be pissed off if the people you're trying to talk to don't have the same interests. It's like me trying to discuss Fela Kuti with casual fans of Fall Out Boy.. I'm not going to hold their attention, and even if they fake it, they're not going to actually apply anything I have to say to their lives.

I don't know you very well, so I can't tell whether or not you're a fan of math. But if you're not.. Would you really want someone trying to discuss Stephen Hawking's theories with you?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 8, 2007,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'm guessing they've heard enough of it before, and just disagree with you, and just don't care what you have to say because of it? Especially if when you talk to them you sound as arrogant as you do now.

And I mean no offense to you, because I'm exactly the same way. Life's tough when you're a dick.

It's just.. You can't be pissed off if the people you're trying to talk to don't have the same interests. It's like me trying to discuss Fela Kuti with casual fans of Fall Out Boy.. I'm not going to hold their attention, and even if they fake it, they're not going to actually apply anything I have to say to their lives.

I don't know you very well, so I can't tell whether or not you're a fan of math. But if you're not.. Would you really want someone trying to discuss Stephen Hawking's theories with you?

Oh hey, I'm a narcissistic little asshole and I know it. But it still bothers me when it's damn near impossible to hold a semi-intelligent conversations with a girlfriend (This was a specific problem I had with my ex) or friends. It's not like I'm going around talking about my take on the meaning of life with strangers, I just like having out-there philosophic discussions with people every once and a while. Hell, if they disagree I'm fine with them saying so, I kinda enjoying arguing now and then anyways, especially about stuff with no definite answer.

And actually, I kinda would like to know about Steven Hawking's theories
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Someone say Stephen Hawking. I'm here guys. *snorts* olololol. No really, I'm down for some Hawking discussion.

Hold up, let me make a search and see if there's already a thread about him.

EDIT: Hah, it turns out I was the last non-mod to post in a Stephen Hawking discussion thread. Before it was closed. Lolsack.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Sep 8, 2007,
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Oh hey, I'm a narcissistic little asshole and I know it. But it still bothers me when it's damn near impossible to hold a semi-intelligent conversations with a girlfriend (This was a specific problem I had with my ex) or friends. It's not like I'm going around talking about my take on the meaning of life with strangers, I just like having out-there philosophic discussions with people every once and a while. Hell, if they disagree I'm fine with them saying so, I kinda enjoying arguing now and then anyways, especially about stuff with no definite answer.

And actually, I kinda would like to know about Steven Hawking's theories

Alright then.. Imagine someone wanted to talk to you about how awesome the new Fall Out Boy record is.

I know, though. It sucks. I hate the majority of the people I know because they can't hold a normal conversation with me about most things. So, I just learned to save it for the right time and place. The only girlfriend I ever had that was capable of discussing things on the same level I was coming from was someone who would argue with me about stupid things, and then she would eventually admit that I was right.. And I love her for it.

Ever dated a girl that's too nice to argue with, though? That **** sucks.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Alright then.. Imagine someone wanted to talk to you about how awesome the new Fall Out Boy record is.

I know, though. It sucks. I hate the majority of the people I know because they can't hold a normal conversation with me about most things. So, I just learned to save it for the right time and place. The only girlfriend I ever had that was capable of discussing things on the same level I was coming from was someone who would argue with me about stupid things, and then she would eventually admit that I was right.. And I love her for it.

Well uh, I kinda have a tendency to corrupt most girls I date. Any girl that is too nice to argue with generally doesn't get past the admissions round...which includes a lot of sexist comments and 'fake' arguments about whatever I feel like at the time.

Though I did date a girl that was the exact opposite, she completely skipped "Fun arguing" and took it right to "Oh my god please shoot me in the god damn head to make the screeching stop" arguing. That shit sucks even worse, it's not right to take away a man's argument drive...
Kabir
I was talking to my friend the other day, and he said to me:

"Man, the weather sure is trippy today."

so I replied "Maybe it is not the weather itself that is trippy, merely the way we percieve it."

...but then I though...man...I should've just said "Yeah."

Quote by Jack Off Jill

That's the thing though. I don't mean to sound arrogant or elitist or anything when I say this (although i totally am), but people in general are just fucking stupid. And I'm not just talking about that chick in your junior year english class who didn't know who Ghandi was (true story), I mean the vast majority of people. I'm talking about the people in your 400 level philosophy class who thought "lol philosophy easy A" and can't understand anything as simple as fucking Socrates' basic ideas. The people in your AP calculus class who still don't know how to cross multiply. The people at Border's who stand outside dressed in black, talk about Friedrich Nietzsche (even though they've never so much as read a single word of his work), and think they're God's gift to the intellectual world. Try this: every day, ask a random person a hard question. One that actually requires though and logical reasoning. You'd be surprised as to how many people fail at life.

People are fucking retarded. Fact of life. The sooner you understand this, the better.

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Yeah I had one of those. She was a hardcore conservative (brainwashed by her parents, moral majority and all that bullshit), and we disagreed about EVERYTHING when it came to politics. I just could never argue with her. It didn't work. Heck, she and I still hang out (4 years after we broke up) and I still can't argue with her.
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Last edited by musicianamedave at Sep 8, 2007,
dude. that's some deep sh*t and you are absolutely right. life sucks. it's pointless. and tbh, we shouldnt exist anyway because something can't be created out of nothing. the whole universe is a paradox against our rules of science. it just doesn't fit.

and yeah... it's piss annoying. it's not the fact they don't appreciate it. i hate it when they don't understand.
F*** Teh World.
Quote by Stentroll

For once, appropriate.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
lulz at spork
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

You are so right... It's better to drop off school, be a surfer all day, and then when you get married or get your girlfriend pregnant, work 12 hours a day and barely get to the end of the month, while living in a crappy 2 dorms rented department in the cheapiest zone of the city and dying young because of overwork leaving your girl and your boy alone...
Right?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I always try my best to say something meaningful to a friend or something, yet it just never seems to come off the way I tried to make it come off. Like ill think for days about something to a friend or girl or something to make them understand how I feel or to help them, then when the time comes it just doesnt work the way I wanted it to. Its really bad, im trapped by the fact that what I think can never be gotten across in words..
i know exactly how you feel~sometimes i express my view points intellectually to someone and they'll reply "what?" or just don't reply

sucks
Quote by Surfer Rosa
that's what you get for talking to a guy called Spork

**girl named spork. yeah, you're right, i guess...

Quote by urik
You are so right... It's better to drop off school, be a surfer all day, and then when you get married or get your girlfriend pregnant, work 12 hours a day and barely get to the end of the month, while living in a crappy 2 dorms rented department in the cheapiest zone of the city and dying young because of overwork leaving your girl and your boy alone...
Right?

this guy doesnt get it... its just the concept.

i am not trying to say that it is better to do whatever you want. just that it is ultimately pointless and stupid that we work towards a goal that is really just a hoax and can't really take us to where we want to go. its like running on a treadmill.
---------

to anyone who is talking about me being only 16 and i should change my life if im not happy, you also havn't got the idea.

i am not unhappy, and i know that im young. but that doesnt change the fact that generally, life is how i've described it.

how many people actually get to do what they want in life, kim there, in my conversation (spork), she would give anything to be a pro surfer. and she's great at it. but she just cant make it as a pro. my girlfriend, she would have given anything, anything in the world to have gotten into the queens ballet school (or something similar), but she cant anymore, and it upsets her, she can never do what she really wants. and me? i would give anything in the world, anything, i would shave years off my life to be a rockstar. everyone knows it, and everyone tells me that i can do it. but deep down nobody really believes that i can. because when you take the road more often traveled by, and you get a well paying desk job, and you climb the ladder until you are the CEO of some company that sells paper, or some ****. you arent doing what you want. - you have worked towards what they prepared you for, and you got there. but what you have isnt what you really hoped for. nobody believes that i can really be a rockstar, because it just doesnt fit in with life's game of letting you down.
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

I agree, man. There's a few people I can't even hold a small-talk conversation with. I'm trying to talk to him, and he just goes off on a tangent about how he would "totally do" Cher, or one of our friend's "perfect tits." He's not as bad in real life though.
I like girls who argue too. My latest infatuation always argues with my RE teacher, but in a very calm, reasonable way. What's hotter than that?
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
lol wut?
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
You're young, and you realize that life isn't about getting a job and working 40 hours a week, yet you don't do something about it.

What's your point?
Quote by Archaon
You're young, and you realize that life isn't about getting a job and working 40 hours a week, yet you don't do something about it.

What's your point?

that is the point.

to live truly happily, you need money. to make enough money, you have to sacrifice true happiness.

when you get to where youre supposed to go, you havnt achieved anything. thats the point that i'm making.

dont try to be a smartass please, because you just made yourself look like a tool...
Quote by Machanix

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far

Page 1 of 2