Page 1 of 3
you know, i begun playing 2 years ago when i was 12 (im 14 now) and only 3 dudes played guitar at school, and the 3 dudes sucked as a big elefant ass, the cant even alternate pick, much less sweep pick, much less tap.

one dude said"i can play like slash" (lest call it john)
the other only listened to "salsa" music but to be friend of the other one, he begun listening to metal, but he doesnt even understand metal (patrick)
the third one was the average emo dude that tried to play guitar. (mark)
the three dudes think they play metal, but they are more of a punk pop emo band

Patrick once took his acoustic guitar to school cuz he couldnt play the flute in music class, but john began to play and they befriended and mark was jeleous and also played and they formed a stupid bandjohn on lead guitar, mark on rithym and patrick on bass. i had like a month of playing

one day, a cousin told me to play "wake me up when september ends" by green day (hate em, but what more could play), and i said, well its easy and i played that

like 2 days later at school (nobody but two frends knew i played) patrick was asked by a chick to play "wake me up when bla bla bla" and he didnt know it, but then i, who was sitting near, said, dude i know that sh*t and played it, so he called john and said "he only knows that stupid thing" and insulted me, so i answered and we fought verbally, me vs the 3 dudes, then some pals, the only ones who knew i played, helped me and they left

but well, this 2 years they stayed as a crappy band (should hear them live its like a trainwreck of 4 trains simoultaneously) and disturbing that i can only play that ****, while i sent them to hell and became awesome at a base of practicing from 3:30 pm to 1:30 am

my problem is that this year john went to other school, and there is no other f*king guitarrists for the school band, and i think of joining to show them who are the assholes, but these dudes just disturb(those classic dudes that think they are very bad and that), so dont know what will they do if they know that i just beat them in skills.

btw like they are some sort of punk pop band, they play things that girls like, so girls will defend them, while i play metallica, megadeth, pantera and children of bodom etc and the only defening me will be my GF and like 2 dudes (my other friends like rap), but just cuz she is my GF, not cuz she likes what i play

so must i join the school band to show them that im better and maybe be discriminated for what i play or must i keep silent and only answer when they disturb and send em to hell?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
so you're trying to prove to them that you're better than them? Grow the **** up! Music isn't a competition, you should know that by now.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
who ****ing cares? If all they ever do is badmouth you, they're gonna be the ones who look like douchebags. be the better man.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by ldnovelo
you know, i begun playing 2 years ago when i was 12 (im 14 now) and only 3 dudes played guitar at school, and the 3 dudes sucked as a big elefant ass, the cant even alternate pick, much less sweep pick, much less tap.

the other only listened to "salsa" music but to be friend of the other one, he begun listening to metal, but he doesnt even understand metal (patrick)

Patrick once took his acoustic guitar to school cuz he couldnt play the flute in music class, but john began to play and they befriended and mark was jeleous and also played and they formed a stupid bandjohn on lead guitar, mark on rithym and patrick on bass. i had like a month of playing

one day, a cousin told me to play "wake me up when september ends" by green day (hate em, but what more could play), and i said, well its easy and i played that

like 2 days later at school (nobody but two frends knew i played) patrick was asked by a chick to play "wake me up when bla bla bla" and he didnt know it, but then i, who was sitting near, said, dude i know that sh*t and played it, so he called john and said "he only knows that stupid thing" and insulted me, so i answered and we fought verbally, me vs the 3 dudes, then some pals, the only ones who knew i played, helped me and they left

but well, this 2 years they stayed as a crappy band (should hear them live its like a trainwreck of 4 trains simoultaneously) and disturbing that i can only play that ****, while i sent them to hell and became awesome at a base of practicing from 3:30 pm to 1:30 am

my problem is that this year john went to other school, and there is no other f*king guitarrists for the school band, and i think of joining to show them who are the assholes, but these dudes just disturb(those classic dudes that think they are very bad and that), so dont know what will they do if they know that i just beat them in skills.

btw like they are some sort of punk pop band, they play things that girls like, so girls will defend them, while i play metallica, megadeth, pantera and children of bodom etc and the only defening me will be my GF and like 2 dudes (my other friends like rap), but just cuz she is my GF, not cuz she likes what i play

so must i join the school band to show them that im better and maybe be discriminated for what i play or must i keep silent and only answer when they disturb and send em to hell?

Lets hear it for grammar.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
Quote by shut_up_n00b
so you're trying to prove to them that you're better than them? Grow the **** up! Music isn't a competition, you should know that by now.

QFT

I didn't really get all of that, but I have some advice. Play the solo from Necrophagist's "Fermented Offal Discharge". Their heads will explode. Problem solved.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
... So... in the grand scheme of things, you lost me at the third paragraph.

And Necrophagist solos are not really anything more than mindless classical whankery.

Try Sonata Arctica's Wolf And Raven intro. It's easy, slightly technical- but it's a really easy pattern to get down. And it's musical and fast. You will cement their souls in a tomb of FAIL.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Last edited by hethamulburton at Sep 8, 2007,
Try... getting a life?
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
Quote by hethamulburton
... So... in the grand scheme of things, you lost me at the third paragraph.

And Necrophagist solos are not really anything more than mindless classical whankery.

Try Sonata Arctica's Wolf And Raven intro. It's easy, slightly technical- but it's a really easy pattern to get down. And it's musical and fast. You will cement their souls in a tomb of FAIL.

As much as I don't really like most Death metal bands, Muhammed's solo on that song sounds pretty nice to me.
Quote by Savatage
You know
Jesus he started changin'
Things got really strange
He saw his tee shirts everywhere
He started missing shows
The band came down to blows
But Jesus he just didn't care

Things got out of hand
And so he quit the band
Still the critics they would rave

Jesus saves
Jesus saves
Yes he does
Jesus saves

Do this.

But honestly though...no need to show someone you own them. Just play solo and let them hear you and they'll crap themselves and run away or something.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Alex S.
QFT

wow I was quoted for truth!
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
All this because he said you could only play 'wake me up when september ends' eh. I think you all fail
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
-- Douglas Adams
Pfftttt......... everyone here is trying to act mature just so they can be respected over the internet i dont really care but i can understand were your coming from

If a bunch of guitar n00b losers came up to you and said you were **** at guitar and just play guitar to get chicks and dont know what the real meaning is (playing for yourself for those who dont know) im sure you'd wanna kick there asses i know i would

i reckon you should just show them up in a guitar off not in a band really straight forward and get a crowd too that would be so metal!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Steve The Plank
Here's my words of wisdom:

Spend less time playing guitar for the sole reason of showing off, and more time taking English lessons.

... Best advice in this thread... moving on now.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Wow...TS really is a loser...play for the right reasons or give up, you give the rest of us a bad name. We aint here to prove we're better than anyone else; we're here because we love what we do and we do it to better ourselves. C'mon, even folk who play guitar to get girls are better than you...you've made me well angry and I don't even know why.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by ldnovelo

Dude, you're really, really uninteresting.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
I haven't read most of what the starter said, just about the first line. I'm assuming a 'get over it' answer would fit though.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Quote by soulflyV
The guy who invented the english language just turned in his grave.

Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by soulflyV
The guy who invented the english language just turned in his grave.

I would go as far as to say that a small town is now being powered by him spinning in his grave.
Quote by Magero
I would go as far as to say that a small town is now being powered by him spinning in his grave.

hahahaha
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Stop being such a dickhead and trying to compare other people to your "Oh so mighty" metal music. Who the **** cares?
nice story
I came here to drink milk and kick ass.

... And I've just finished my milk.
Should this be reported? I think it should but a don't want to be one of those people who report tyhreads that are perfectly good.

But I do think this should be reported for whining.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Get over yourself. I doubt your the greatest virtuoso to walk the earth. They cant sweep, what a surprise, one of the hardest techniques on guitar but they cant do it, so they suck.
So, your better than someone and they ripped you off about it. Grow a pair and deal with it.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by ldnovelo

Page 1 of 3