Today i stared at my face in the mirror.

After awhile my image meant nothing, and i felt like such a fake. Not because I follow trends (cause I don't, i just kicked out of a band for not dressing like out generation), but I felt fake because I just couldn't understand why of all people, i am who i am.

Everything lost its meaning, everything was overwhelming, its like f*cking culture shock. Nothing made sense and nothing was right and it bothered my so much...

I guess I lack purpose, anyone else get that feeling? Where your face just loses its meaning and everything is just so bizzare because it so simple yet so effective.

Like the concept of trees and how they clean the air. I mean if there is no God, then that clearly means that this was a chance of fate that everything in this world worked out into baby-bites of a much larger concept, larger than us, it was all fate. Nothing more.

What?
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
You think too much about questions with no viable answer.

Just enjoy yourself, rather than worrying about mortality, and the lack of meaning in a biological machine, it doesn't mean things can't be good, also.

If it helps any, I find comfort in boobs. They're awesome.
Quote by TheGoldenGod
this thread keeps rearing its ugly head. die pube thread, die!
Quote by duke_lion
O_o

agrees
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Read any sayings or works by Ramana Maharshi. He asked the question "Who are you?" Not in the sense where you reply with your name, but who are you? He's explored the concept of self to the fullest extent. Hold up, I'll find you some links.

EDIT: Here's the links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramana_Maharshi
http://www.ramana-maharshi.org/
http://www.realization.org/page/topics/ramana.htm

Read them all. Good stuff.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Stop drinking.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I've often wondered things similar, I want answers.

Quote by darkstar2466
Read any sayings or works by Ramana Maharshi. He asked the question "Who are you?" Not in the sense where you reply with your name, but who are you? He's explored the concept of self to the fullest extent. Hold up, I'll find you some links.

Hmm, sounds interesting.
666 BRO
How can your face be fake? It is a representative of who you are, after all. Then again, for those seeking individuality, then that face may not be considered their own, case in point, someone who looks like a celebrity, who will be described as "looks like (etc.)"

I'm trying to get my head around what you're trying to say all in all, it seems like you're either seeking individuality, or you've just taken your very first double-dose of hydrocodone.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by darkstar2466

EDIT: Here's the links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramana_Maharshi
http://www.ramana-maharshi.org/
http://www.realization.org/page/topics/ramana.htm

Read them all. Good stuff.

i definately will... thank you
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
I felt similar to what you're talking about today, with the "face has no meaning" thing, but only for a little. It was all better after I spent the evening spitting game with hotties ; )
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Hey man...Stop worrying about it

...I'll probably be back tomorrow to actually discuss this, because it's something that has plagued my mind for a long, long time...but it's 3:30 AM for me right now and eh...I'm losing typing skills by the second.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Those of you who didn't visit the links, here's the little summary of what Wikipedia gave of his teachings:

# Since all the living beings desire to be happy always, without any misery..., it is necessary to know oneself. For that, enquiry in the form 'Who am I' alone is the principal means.
# Knowledge itself is 'I'. The nature of (this) knowledge is existence-consciousness-bliss
# What is called mind is a wondrous power existing in Self. It projects all thoughts. If we set aside all thoughts and see, there will be no such thing as mind remaining separate; therefore, thought itself is the form of the mind. Other than thoughts, there is no such thing as the world.
# Of all the thoughts that rise in the mind, the thought 'I' is the first thought.
# That which rises in this body as 'I' is the mind. If one enquires 'In which place in the body does the thought 'I' rise first?', it will be known to be in the heart [spiritual heart is 'two digits to the right from the centre of the chest']. Even if one incessantly thinks 'I', 'I', it will lead to that place (Self)'
# The mind will subside only by means of the enquiry 'Who am I?'. The thought 'Who am I?', destroying all other thoughts, will itself finally be destroyed like the stick used for stirring the funeral pyre.
# If other thoughts rise, one should, without attempting to complete them, enquire, 'To whom did they arise?', it will be known 'To me'. If one then enquires 'Who am I?', the mind (power of attention) will turn back to its source. By repeatedly practising thus, the power of the mind to abide in its source increases.
# The place where even the slightest trace of the 'I' does not exist, alone is Self.
# Self itself is the world; Self itself is 'I'; Self itself is God; all is the Supreme Self.

Now whether you want to believe it or not is your own issue.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by UndeadPaperclip
Hey man...Stop worrying about it

...I'll probably be back tomorrow to actually discuss this, because it's something that has plagued my mind for a long, long time...but it's 3:30 AM for me right now and eh...I'm losing typing skills by the second.

...you...are...my...new...god...

edit: On topic though, i've often wondered who I was, or what my purpose is here. Just read general knowledge philosophy books, which will always have chapters regarding the self, and other things you may want to know about metaphysics etc... the novel Sophie's World is also good, it discusses the self and finding out who you are as a person.

I'd say chill about it though. You create who you are, and create the template of who you wanna be.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Last edited by Firenze at Sep 8, 2007,
meh, I dont believe in fate, I dont believe that we have a purpose either. That there is no greater power, that we are just here caused we evolved from other animals, not like we have a purpose or anything.
uhhhh, yea

Sorry had to do this...yes i am very immature

On topic: yes it happens to me too, dont' worry about it too much, or it will just start to creep you out more and more and then you'll probly kill yourself
I like straberry pie

don't you?

Proud founder of the PedoBear fan club. PM me to join

10000+ Free webcam girls at:
camgirls.uk
I'm going to post this picture like i did in another thread to show my understanding of this thread:

Erm.....come along with me and my mates tonight and have a good time (Yes we're all straight).

If you're too pissed up to even see your reflection you won't have to worry about it
Pfft, hormones are a bitch. If you've got kicked out your band for being who you are, then you might as well bottle them next gig. Life sucks, but it gets better.
Quote by x_thurston_x
Like the concept of trees and how they clean the air. I mean if there is no God, then that clearly means that this was a chance of fate that everything in this world worked out into baby-bites of a much larger concept, larger than us, it was all fate. Nothing more.

Emm, actually, there is a little theory called evolution. Photosynthesis and cellular respiration are complementary for a reason. Organisms throughout the universe, but specifically here on Earth have evolved to sustain eachother. Ever heard of the circle of life? It's not just a Lion King song sung by Phil Collins, it's also a very real phenomenon.

Therefore, your face does have meaning. It's the one you got from two haploid sex cells creating a diploid hybrid zygote, and your body has been growing until it reached its current state, and is still growing.

Your face and your body are one in over 6 billion. Learn to appreciate them.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Honestly, everytime I look at myself in the mirror, it's like looking into the heart of God. At least for me. So I don't follow you.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I personally admire the complexity of the universe we live in. Its incredible how people take for granted everything around them, when its a miracle that we are even here today as a planet.(The actual probability too small a number to comprehend.)

Heres some cool facts to get your mind turning...

Did you know that the entire universe was supposedly compressed to the size of a pinball before the Big Bang? So the entire universe, something that is untold distances wide(possibly infinite) started at a size that your could in your hand. It probably was so dense that nothing could possibly even get close to it, but you get the idea.

Also did you know all the components of life actually originated in stars? That we are in fact made of star dust. So basically, the true ancestor of the human race is a giant inferno.

Truly appreciate the universe we live in rather than be baffled by it. Whether it be God, Fate, or the fact that our planet is a complete freak accident(well an accident where EVERYTHING went right) is up for you to decide.
Quote by Raii

Just enjoy yourself, rather than worrying about mortality, and the lack of meaning in a biological machine, it doesn't mean things can't be good, also.

+1
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Quote by Raii

+5 comfort to raii
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I sometimes get well freaked out if I look at myself in a mirror for a long time, it's wierd

It's a kinda "who am I" feeling I guess, but its very unsettling
mirrors are a window into the past

you're not viewing yourself

you're viewing yourself as you were <2×distance between you and mirror>/speed of light seconds ago

(practically, thats a couple of nanoseconds and probably undetectable, but it isn't really "now" :P)
Quote by seljer
mirrors are a window into the past

you're not viewing yourself

you're viewing yourself as you were <2×distance between you and mirror>/speed of light seconds ago

(practically, thats a couple of nanoseconds and probably undetectable, but it isn't really "now" :P)

you learn something new everyday
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Firenze
you learn something new everyday

Heh, if you define a fraction of a nanosecond ago as the past, then yeah, you can never actually look at something as it is 'now'. When you look at the sky at night you're seeing pretty damn far in to the past by that logic. To me, we're not looking in to the past, we're seeing the light as it is now, now the star as it was a few years ago.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Heh, if you define a fraction of a nanosecond ago as the past, then yeah, you can never actually look at something as it is 'now'. When you look at the sky at night you're seeing pretty damn far in to the past by that logic. To me, we're not looking in to the past, we're seeing the light as it is now, now the star as it was a few years ago.

or a few hundred million years ago

and going on from that idea
you can never actually see yourself, the way you exist in the present, now, interacting with other people and such.
I get the same feeling all the time man... It's just "WTF" about life in general. I'm too skeptical and cynical to actually believe that my purpose is to serve a diving being, but my life feels really empty.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
What I hate more is how nothing is absolute.

The atom is only a theory (a good one, but still). For all we know we could be made up of tiny rubix cubes, and up is actually down. The only reason up is up, is because we called it up anyways.
Quote by technicolour
What I hate more is how nothing is absolute.

The atom is only a theory (a good one, but still). For all we know we could be made up of tiny rubix cubes, and up is actually down. The only reason up is up, is because we called it up anyways.

it's more like the atom is made up of little rotating pieces of energy that moves too fast that we can never pinpoint it, all we can do is make guesses on the probability that they actually exist at a certain point in given time. On a collective level your body is comprised of energy bound together spinning around in circles that we can't prove is there.
Quote by Mad Marius
Stop drinking.

i disagree

get down the pub, it is the answer to all life's problems
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by farcry
it's more like the atom is made up of little rotating pieces of energy that moves too fast that we can never pinpoint it, all we can do is make guesses on the probability that they actually exist at a certain point in given time. On a collective level your body is comprised of energy bound together spinning around in circles that we can't prove is there.

Yeah! hurray for chemistry and physics!
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm