Turns out i've landed myself a decent job and in which case i think i want a new guitar. Problem is, i dont know what. But im thinking now i'll say budget £600 - £700 (although it might be a bit more). I've always liked strats but i dont know what sort of one to get. (fender of course but model..). But im also liking the sound of PRS perhaps. If i did get a strat, i think i'd like a humbucker at bridge position. I play pretty much everything apart from really really heavy stuff, but i'd like to nails some good blues tones (so strat on kneck pick up is a good start i guess) and the abilty to get muse type tones and ratm. I know bellemy mainly plays a les paul but i can't say im that keen on them, and tom morello plays a strat... so maybe a strat... but what sort?

Thanks.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
I had the exact same problem as you, which is why I'm building a custom guitar In my opinion, a lot of the cheaper Fenders are quite overpriced, I'd go with an american made if I were you. But if you want even more good features for that money, look into Ibanez SA, if they had 24 frets then I wouldn't have to make a custom guitar :p It's like a strat with a humbucker and two singlecoils, but the build quality, sound quality, attention to detail and (in my opinion) looks are just much better than the Fenders in that price range.

- edit - sorry, I thought we were talking dollars here. For that money, maybe look into the LTD Page Hamilton model aswell.
Last edited by Aziraphale at Sep 8, 2007,
i second going custom, if you can wait, that is. Legra should be able to make you whatever you want for not very much more than that (assuming you go with a bolt-on)... and they're sweet. extremely sweet.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
who is legra?
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?