well,i dont know how im supposed to do that,i dont even know if its possible,but in the intro of a steve morse track (user friendly) theres this bit,

theres no indication in the tab wether its a pull-off or picking but it sounds like a pull-off to me
so is that stretch possible?cuz i cant do it,i barely get to 18,i can get to 19 but not fast
so,apart from the track,is this fast 19-12 pulloff possible?
It is but yeah its a big stretch. Slide it perhaps?
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
no,its not possible to slide,i thought of that but the melody repeats,and s lide slows you down so you cant repeat the pattern if you do
what really gets me is,its not only once,it repeats about 3 times,and 2 other times on a different position..quite demanding!
try moving your hand down to the 19th fret then just pick the 17th fret on the next string over. forget pulling off, although its possible its a damn big stretch.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
yeah, it's possible, just practice the stretch a lot, you should notice it getting gradually easier.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah its possible. Took me a few tries just then but I got the hang of it.
Yeah i think it's very easy i can do pulloff 21-12 (i have large hands) and i do stretching exercises often, the stretching exercise in in the Rock Discipline video by John Petrucci help me a lot.
I can stretch 21-12 and I have hands the size of a midget. Just practice it more, you'll get it.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
You need to do some stretch excercises thats about it.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by Jehuty
I just tried and I can do it, then again, I have big hands. However, I think anyone should be able to do it. I did it on my Les Paul.

Les Paul's are relatively short scale guitars, if he's playing on something with massive frets he'll have a harder time inherently.

For what it's worth, you will be able to do that... eventually (I have tiny hands and I can do it pretty easily). There's no particular way of increasing flexibility in short periods of time without running the risk of injuring yourself that I can recommend, but you will develop more flexibility from simply playing.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
You just need to practice. Don't try doing the 19-12 PO at first unless you think you can - you don't want to hurt yourself.

Try trilling and doing HO/POs from 12 to 16, 17, up to 19. Just make sure you aren't straining anything when you stretch. It may take a week or two. Eventually you may be able to increase your span to do a 20-15-12 pulloff, from the Cowboys from Hell solo.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
I have small hands and I can stretch to the 22nd fret from the 12th on a strat. Work up to it, I'm sure it hurt me a lot when I first did stretches that size.
Yeah, I have incredibly small hands, and can easily do that pull off.

Basically practice stretching on the lower # frets, like from 3-5-7 on three different strings. Eventually it will come easy.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Tap with your middle finger?
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Physically stretch your fingers than do a couple warm up exercises then try it.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
Physically stretch your fingers than do a couple warm up exercises then try it.

Warm up then stretch. You could strain your muscles and potentially really hurt your finger if you don't do it that way round.
Quote by National_Anthem
Warm up then stretch. You could strain your muscles and potentially really hurt your finger if you don't do it that way round.

Haha alright thanks for telling me that
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

yeah you should stretch your hand if you cant do that, do some stratching exersises of something like the one suggested above
Meh, I can stretch 12 to 22 on a 25.5 neck. Maybe I just have beastly hands.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
Meh, I can stretch 12 to 22 on a 25.5 neck. Maybe I just have beastly hands.

Nope, I can do that, albeit uncomfortably, and I have small hands
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
You just need to practice. Don't try doing the 19-12 PO at first unless you think you can - you don't want to hurt yourself.

Try trilling and doing HO/POs from 12 to 16, 17, up to 19. Just make sure you aren't straining anything when you stretch. It may take a week or two. Eventually you may be able to increase your span to do a 20-15-12 pulloff, from the Cowboys from Hell solo.

20-15---
----------17?
R E G G A E
well,i do have a long scale guitar (an explorer type guitar),and the neck is about one and a half times a strat..! just kidding, but it sure looks longer
anyway,i CAN do the pull-off,but i dont do it fast yet,i have to momentarily stop,reach for the 19th and pull-off,and if you know "user friendly",that wont do!
anyway,it seems its all about warming up and stretching,so im gonna do that,

thanks everybody for your great help!
you should be able to reach it using your index on the twelfth and pinky on the 19th.... im using a 24 3/4 inch scale however
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
pinky?

EDIT: unless you have a baritone. that'd be hard.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Last edited by Kid Fisto at Sep 9, 2007,