hi!

Here is a thing. I am working on my playing to play everything perfectly. and I wonder what is the proper position of pinky while bending and while not using it at all . When I use my pinky I try to keep it as close as possible to the fretboard, but what about things where pinky isn't used? what to do with it?

Peace, Robak
It doesn't matter, as long as it's out of the way when you don't need it. A lot of people lift it up. I do, but I have some sort of flexibility issue with it: it can either be all the way up or on the fretboard.
Hmm, thats an interesting question, because I suffer from sashki's problem. Any way of solving this?
I think it is well worth training yourself to keep you pinky near to the fretboard. I used to have the same problem with all my fingers (they were either fretting a note or pointing into the air), but I fixed it by practicing very slowly and concentrating on keeping them near to the fretboard.

It is really a matter of learning to control your fingers. For many licks it won't make a difference, but for some it is crucial. Finger control will also help your rhythm playing, as you'll find it easier to move smoothly into complicated chord shapes.
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join