For me it would have to be hate.

To be fair though I checked out some of his songs on youtube from his album but they were fairly lame although I didn't mind suspension (not that I would listen to it more than once a week though, it's just that arp chorus is sort of cool).

Did anyone catch that video of him playing that song winter? From that I really don't think the dude knows how to play slow well. I think he deleted it from youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqgs59V7J5s - Thats a pretty sad improv right there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edfTuGGUB2A - Probably the only cool thing I've heard him do before is that siren/packman noise at the 30 second mark.
Last edited by shoted at Sep 8, 2007,
He's fast but not that technical IMO. His songs tend to become real wankfests and that vibrato... *shivers* Anyhow, if I recall correctly there's already a thread about him somewhere here...
I've seen him around the net, a really nice guy, and really does have a respect for the craft and desire to get better... I don't know that he'll change after so many years of playing as he does...

He can move things fast, but his accuracy, intonation/vibrato, and time, are all essentials that after so long he hasn't gotten up to par I feel... It's very cool that he's gotten so much success and met so many of his idols, he seems like a really nice dude... I bet he can clean up his playing and improve.
ya he's really fast, but whats the point when theres barley any melody to it!!!!!!
And ya he does seem sloppy at times too!!!
Dream Theater in Wembly October 13th!!!!! oh yes!!!
When I first watched a clip of him on YouTube, I didn't expect his English to be so sloppy (like his playing), nor his voice to be so squeaky (like his tone).
I actually have a lot of respect for this guy. He established himself in the music business on his own. His english may be bad, but that's only because he spoke Italian most his life. Anyhow, not that I'm a pro musician or something, but Francesco is, and not to many of us can say the same. Besides, he must being doing something right if we all know who he is.
Or something wrong...
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Quote by XXXguitarman
Besides, he must being doing something right if we all know who he is.

I wouldn't say so at all. We all know who Billy whatever-the-hell-his-name-is from greenday but that doesn't make him or greenday good, does it?

Francesco is fast as hell but other than that he's an atrocious guitarist: his technique is poor; he has no variety in his playing; there is not taste in his playing; all his music sounds the same and he has no band, a live show for him is him and a backing track; he doesn't even move at all.

People know who he is because he's fast and nothing more.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by XXXguitarman
Anyhow, not that I'm a pro musician or something, but Francesco is...

Not trying to be a bitch here, but i'm pretty sure he works an office job and the shred's a hobby. He was a year or two ago anyhoo.

I like FF, and his music, while not to my taste, is probably the best example of completely OTT shred there is.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
I wouldn't say so at all. We all know who Billy whatever-the-hell-his-name-is from greenday but that doesn't make him or greenday good, does it?

Well, to some extent, it does.
We all know who Billy whatever-the-hell-his-name-is from greenday but that doesn't make him or greenday good, does it?

I like Greenday.

QUOTE]
He is good because he writes great, catchy songs (even though technically it isn't something to write home about). Green day plays their music tight and put on an entertaining show.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
No, but he is, and they are. Green Day delivers fun, catchy, rockin' tunes. I'd love to have the songwriting talents of Billie Joe Armstrong.

As for Fareri, I have no reason to hate him, as he has always appeared as an honest and friendly person. I do not care for his music, and I feel his playing is painfully mediocre. Considering the time he's been playing, it's sad that he hasn't progressed further than this, because he obviously practises a lot. Even still, while his speed is impressive, his technique isn't, and he needs to alter his technique considerably if he wants to hang with someone like Rusty Cooley.

I'm glad he's found something he enjoys doing, I just find it puzzling that he chose such a non-musical way of expressing himself.
Don't argue, just agree.
Y'know, I'd probably kinda dig him if he had better tone, for crying out loud. I mean jeez... I can get better sounds from my Spider II.
Well ****. I like him. I don't think he's a virtuoso, but I can enjoy his music every now and then.
I'm indifferent. He's doing what he loves. Good for him.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
All this stuff about greenday makes him a good musician, he's anything but a good guitarist. Anyway that's not the point: just because we all know who he is doesn't mean he's doing anything right; we all know about him for, what I consider to be, the wrong reasons.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I dont like him. Props for taking guitar playing to a new level but fail at being a muscian or anything.