GOOD EVENING GUITARISTS!!!!

i have a dilemma

i need a guitar

(no more than 1,500 ( i am willing to go custom if you can give me a guide to what i need))

and amp (at least 100watt)

THAT

can play jazz and metal to a full quality... oh this one is tricky, plus i am not going to buy a les paul, gretch or gibson. SO anybody can give me a a helping hand on the guitar PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!! help me

so i wanna be able to shread out some children of bodom and then sit back and jam along to some muddy waters....

and for anybody who is going WHAT THE **** WHY SO LOUD?!?!

perfoming

amp i can do anything under 700

currency is AUSSIE!!!!! so for one aussie dollar is 87.6 cents american (i think)

**** it you do the math
Last edited by maximus69er at Sep 8, 2007,
Why the hell do you need a 100 watt amp? There's plenty of amps with a more reasonable wattage that could do what you want perfectly, the ENGL Screamer for example...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Laney LC-50 for the amp. Divine cleans, esp. for Jazz. Reasonably good gain. 50 watts, all tube. Loud. Awesome amp.

As for the guitar, I don't know. Try a Washburn WI-66, or a Fernandes Ravelle, but then again, they're both Les paul types...
yeah, what's the currency?

how much do you have for the amp too?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ok, as long as u dont have active pickups, most guitars can do jazz. Jazz requires you to know the sound you want and you have to be able to actually convey that with the way u hit each note. I dont kno how much sense that makes, but thats the ebst way i can describe it. A fender fat strat can do a good deal of everything, just go to guitar center and try a lot out adn ask them
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Steve The Plank
You need a 100w amp? Where do you live, a ****ing canyon?

And for the guitar, I recommend a PRS SC 250 Satin:
http://www.prsguitars.com/sc250satin/index.html

And don't bitch at me for the price, you didn't say the currency.

Canyons permit resonance quite well, actually. *shot*

In terms of the amp, I seriously doubt you need 100W. Venues too large for a 30W amp but not large enough to have its own speaker system do well with 50W amps. Personally I would recommend the Fender Bassman '59 for its jazzy cleans and then purchasing a good distortion pedal (the Bassman has no lead channel) to compliment that. It's 50W and it can get loud as all hell. Unfortunately I can't help you in the guitar area, I would have recommended a Gibson LP with a change in the neck position but you're opposed to Gibsons for whatever reason.

And bored_maniac33, I've known jazz guitarists to be more specific about their tone than quote un-quote metal guitarists.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
Quote by lmweed20
ibanez gem

go with a high end Ibanez RG prestige series, or a JEM. For amps, peavey makes plenty of good heads that you can get a cab for.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
The only thing you gain between a 50-watt and 30-watt tube amp is clean headroom, to be honest. The actual difference between them cranked is noticeable, but not huge.
If you want to go expensive for the amp buy a mesa mark IV. Most versatile amp ever, sparkly cleans, and nice crunch, plus the lead channel's tone is beautiful.