I'm really sorry for the caps but I'm extremely worried right now

I have encountered a problem today when I replaced my strings on my electric 6 string guitar. I use DR Dimebag Signiture strings.
The strings I had on before were Gauges 10,13,17,30,44,52 and they were fine.
I replaced the strings with the exact same kind, except one down, 9,11,16,28,38,50.
The problem is that when I play the E or A string there is horrible vibration between the string and frets.
The problem was lower tension so in the same tuning the strings will vibrate a lot more and what I was hearing was fret buzz.
I put the old strings back on the guitar, and now it sounds almost just as bad!
What could be wrong? I'm really worrying right now.
I've noticed that recently the sound of my guitar has been a bit fuzzy, like it did with the new strings except not as bad.
Do you think I just need a brand new set of strings of the gauge I used before the change? Because I have not changed them in a long time, probaly 4 months for that set.

I'm really worried right now, when I play 12th fret is sounds terrible. I won't be able to sleep until I find out what is wrong. Even when I tune the knobs up to increase tension I can still hear it. Everything was pretty much perfect before I changed strings
Raise your action... I think that should solve your problem. If you have a strat style guitar you'll need a small allen wrench to raise the action, look for small holes on the saddles. For other guitars I can't really help, but it should be something similar, some have thumbscrews, normal screws, ...
Check your truss rod, your neck might've resettled when you put the lower guage strings on
Ibanez RGT42FX
Vox AD30VT-XL

Quote by Attack
No. In Soviet Russia, Hell goes to you,
Quote by ken112291
Check your truss rod, your neck might've resettled when you put the lower guage strings on

DO NOT do this unless you are absolutely 100% sure of what you're doing. If you do, then be my guest but unless you're experienced, you really should leave truss rod adjustments (and even saddle and bridge adjustments) to professionals ( and no, I do not claim to be one, I've just had the same problem you're having and I thought I could fix it myself. I really screwed up my guitar). You could try raising the action just a tad, you should be able to get away with doing that without drastically throwing off the equilibrium created by truss rod angle, string tension, saddle positioning and action. They are all dependent on one another. If you put on a lighter gauge of string, or drop your tuning down, there won't be as much tension pulling on the neck and truss rod. If you put on a heavier guage, or tune higher then there will be more. The truss rod, if you didn't know, is what controls the angle of the neck where it hits the body. This is a HUGE factor in the intonation of a guitar and if you're regularly changing tunings, switching string guages and tunings, changing your action and adjusting your saddles or even your truss rod itself, your guitar could become severely intonated which, needless to say, SUCKS. I'm sorry for the excessive longevity of this post and maybe you knew all of this already, but I've had this very problem which lead to a long string of problems, and I will do as much as I can to see that it doesn't happen to anyone else. So, in closing, my advice to you is to take it to a shop and have them set it up just the way you want it. Tell them what you tune to what guage of strings you use and they should be able to fix it up for you within a couple of days so that it plays like a dream and sounds exactly the way you want! Ideally there won't be any parts involved in the repair, only labor. That being said it shouldn't cost you more than 50 bucks or so.
Last edited by Kurt Russell at Sep 8, 2007,