hey people

i have a Richwood Stratocaster for about 1 year now. i'ts a really nice guitar for me but i'd like to play more metal. so i decided to buy a new guitar. but i dont know what i should buy.

I would a Jackson or ESP. but i dont have that much of money yet. and then i noticed a BC Rich Warlock. it was what i was looking for in color and the looks. and it was not so expensive as i thought.

but i would like to know if i should buy it. is it a good guitar?

your comments please
i dunno i hear bad things about the lower end warlocks... I think they just attract in wannabes with their attractive looks and low price.

(edit) no offense lol, not calling you a wannabe :P
well how much money do you have to spend? the ESP LTD series has some cheaper models that sound great. My Viper-50 only cost me $200 on musiciansfriend.com and it sounds amazing.
I have a Bronze Series Warlock its really good I haven't had any problems with it and everybody points out how cool it looks.
I injured my guitar via a door handle when I was running inside the house pretending to be superman.
Quote by TheCaptain777
well how much money do you have to spend? the ESP LTD series has some cheaper models that sound great. My Viper-50 only cost me $200 on musiciansfriend.com and it sounds amazing.

that guitar looks like an sg that has been left out in the sun
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Don't buy an NJ series. Platinum series will do just fine. Or get a WMD warbeast. The guitar has an OFR and amazing sound. Picking one up next paycheck.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
To TS, most people will eventually tell you that that guitar, the low end Warlocks, are crap. For the most part they are right. The Bronze Series is like most starter guitar. What I would do in your situation is look for one of the better Warlock, like the NJ series, or the like, on the used section of Guitar Center's website, or cruise your local pawn shops.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
i have a platinum warlock and its an alright guitar, you cant get a good tone at all out of the neck bucker though and i have a line6 PODXT, it was ok for cleans on the neck bucker, but it was a pretty rugged guitar, the headstock chips easy though. Not too fond of the tone the guitar produces in general, agathis really is a bad tonewood. I guess the bridge humbucker is alright for metal but nothing specially the whole guitar is pretty tonally flat.

MY ibanez s520EX blows it out of the water though in sound, feel, and functionality. Id check out some ibanez RGs or maybe a lower end S series model Ibanez.
Last edited by Talentless at Sep 8, 2007,