Basically "thin U" v Wizard II

Which one do you like better, and why?
Which one would be more suitable for really small hands(and fingers)?
Im not sure but ive got a question, I've got massive hands and im thinking of getting an ibanez with the wizard ll neck would it feel weird as its like a small neck
Quote by StratPat
Im not sure but ive got a question, I've got massive hands and im thinking of getting an ibanez with the wizard ll neck would it feel weird as its like a small neck

well ive got pretty big hands and the wizard 2 neck is great for me, before my ibanez s520ex i had an aria mac 50 and a Platinum warlock and i got used to the wizard 2 neck no prolem at all its much more comfortable than my other guitars.
Last edited by Talentless at Sep 8, 2007,
Everyone on these boards i feel are very biased towards Ibanez. I personally like ESP necks better. end of story.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by chuckschuldiner
Basically "thin U" v Wizard II

Which one do you like better, and why?
Which one would be more suitable for really small hands(and fingers)?

Why don't you just go to a guitar store and try them out for yourself?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by .arkness:.
Everyone on these boards i feel are very biased towards Ibanez. I personally like ESP necks better. end of story.

thing is though, until you start spending a lot of money, ESP all have painted necks.

Natural Satin > Gloss.
Ibanez necks > Esp necks =]
Just my opinion.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG550M Dimarzio TZ + Paf Pro
Ibanez RG550R Dimarzio TZ in Bridge
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
If you fap at 2 million faps per second you can go back in time
Don't just say it, tell me why.

I should go try them myself, but just to get an idea..As if i'm going to buy one without trying one.
Well ibanez necks are faster, so playing lead on it is obviously easier and better =]
Esp necks are well...i've only played the EC-400 and M-250
The EC-400 had a medium flat neck, it was uncomfortable for big hands!
M-250 was like in between jackson and ibanez, more jackson though, so medium thin and round

you would have to go try them yourself, cos not all necks are the same, theres Wizard II which imo would be perfect for you, but hey dont rely on opinions, best thing to do is try them out yourself ^_^ good luck
My Gear:
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
thin u on the esp/ltd is way better in my opinion, the thin wizard is almost too thin. it cuts into my hand. The Ltd fits just right
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
^ its all personal preference =]
My Gear:
Ibanez TS9>Vox AD50VT.

Quote by JackalUK
I like the feel of the thin u for riffing a lot. But don't forget about the ESP/LTD's with the extra thin u necks, I have an M-1000 and I believe it rapes any Ibanez.
personally the ibanez necks just feel unnatural to me. i dont like the flat back as i dont feel i can rotate my wrist around to hit different part of the fretboard so good.
Thanks for the fast replies. Here's some more :
Is the 2mm thickness difference really that noticable? Also I heard that it's hard to barre chord with Wizard necks. Whould you agree?
Basically it comes to this, its all personal preference so just go try both out and make your own decision, BUT i would highly reccomend looking at the ESP's I own quite a few of their high end guitars and if you spend the money the guitars are of great quality. I would pick my ESP over any Gibson or PRS any day. So basically I prefer the ESP's although I have played Ibanez's and there necks are slimmer but personally I think they are too thin and to the point of being uncomfortable. Whatever you choose though, its your choice. Choose what fits you best.
~Metal Up Your @$$~ \m/
Well Wizard IIs vary within each other. The S are much rounder than the Rgs.

So keep that in mind. I prefer Ibanez (obvious if you look at my name.) although neither neck compares to the original Wizard imo. God I love the original wizard. To the point where while I can play with out it pretty much fine I really prefer not to do so.
Ibanez has the best necks ever IMO
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
Quote by StratPat

Steve Vai has massive bony hands and he plays on thin Ibanez necks.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by cheames
thing is though, until you start spending a lot of money, ESP all have painted necks.

Natural Satin > Gloss.

dude, i have an m-50 and it is the greatest guitar for less than $175. no paint on the neck.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Steve Vai has massive bony hands and he plays on thin Ibanez necks.

Jem neck is considerably thicker than the original Wizard. Infact they released a Jem (777VDY) with a wizard probably because of complaints about thicker necks.

Paul Gilberts neck is thicker also (on his sig)
2 compared to orginal wizard. 1 compared to the wizard II (Note rg wizard IIs) S wizard IIs have a completely different profile.