Page 1 of 6
Thanks to Dyer's Eve for this idea (and for me to copy and paste it , hope you understand! )

The basic rules of this game are that you pretend to be a Mod. Rock Personality/Band/Musician. And you describe yourself, without mentioning the band member, the band they are in or any of the associating albums. I'm not going to make any rules about extra hints or numbers of guesses, i'm just going to leave it to you lot to keep the thread going if someone goes offline/can't guess.

Same goes for turns as the last 2 threads, if you guess correctly, you get to post the next clues.

For a personality, you can describe their appearance/personality and you can also state their country of origin. Aswell as their preferred sub-genre and position in their band.

Example:

Quote:
I'm Bald
I'm 40
I'm American
I play in a Alt. Rock Band
I'm the vocalist/guitarist

For a band, you can state such things as their country of origin, the number of albums they have released, what year they formed, the number of members they have, what sub-genre they play in

Example:

Quote:
I'm Californian
I have released 9 albums
I was formed in 1983
I have four members
I am primarily Funk Rock

And for an album, you can state facts such as the year it was released, a vague description of the album cover's appearance, the number of tracks it has, The genre it is, even perhaps it's producer or the record label it was released on.

Quote:
I was released in 2006
My cover has an avacado on it
I have 13 tracks
I'm a Alt. Rock album
I was released by J Records

Also, if people are having trouble guessing, you can add more obvious hints. But the maximum number of lines to start is 5.

They are just some examples. These aren't to be strictly followed, you are allowed to use other descriptive methods that aren't overtly in-depth.

And the point in this is for it to be fun, so obviously, injecting your descriptions with a bit of humor would make this thread more enjoyable. I'm not going to keep a score, because I can't be arsed.

Anyway, start the game by answering any of the given examples.

Hope you all enjoy it.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
The second is RHCP and the third is Pearl Jam's self-titled.

I was released in 2002
One of my biggest influences was a Salvador Dalí painting
I have sixteen tracks
Five of my tracks start with the same word.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Last edited by duncang at Sep 8, 2007,
Is the first one Billy Corgan?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
^Indeed.

I'm having trouble finding out what duncang's one is though
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
El Cielo by dredg, to duncang.

EDIT: I'll come clean....I wiki-ed it ......

But it sounds like a cool album.
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Last edited by myself101 at Sep 8, 2007,
cool i wanna do one.

-I may not be considered exactly modern rock (but I'm modern and I'm a genre of rock)
-A DVD was recently released about me, for about 10 bucks
-I currently have six members
-One of my members has a successful side-project

WHO/WHAT AM I?!?!
Quote by Megalomaniac16
cool i wanna do one.

-I may not be considered exactly modern rock (but I'm modern and I'm a genre of rock)
-A DVD was recently released about me, for about 10 bucks
-One of my members has a successful side-project

WHO/WHAT AM I?!?!

Nine Inch Nails....*shrugs*

I wouldn't have a clue

the muffin!
NOOOOOO. ill add another hint:

-A DVD was recently released about me, for about 10 bucks. its title was 3 numbers.
-One of my members has a successful side-project, which he sings in, but he drums in me.
-My members dressed up like Slipknot for halloween one year.
I googled and got Underoath...correct?

EDIT: DAMN! Beaten

the muffin!
Sorry!

May I?

I was born in 1969
I scored an audition with a local punk band when I was 17
I am a multi-instrumentalist
I was once arrested for riding a scooter while drunk
I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan
...Life Sucks Then You Die...
Dave Grohl
EDIT: GOD DAMN IT!

the muffin!

the muffin!
Love Buzz is offline so...

I'm Australian
I'm a vocalist/guitarist/pianist
I'm in a Alt. Rock/Post Grunge band
Early in my career, I was criticised for looking like Kurt Cobain

the muffin!
^CORRECT!

I thought that was gonna be harder :sad;

You're offline so I'll go again

I'm 32
I have dreadlocks
I lay in a root/blues jam band

the muffin!
^
One of the Wootens?
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by sebastian_96
^CORRECT!

I'm 32
I have dreadlocks

John Butler
Quote by sebastian_96
^CORRECT!

I'm 32
I have dreadlocks

John Butler.

It would have been helpful if you said: " My fingernails are hideously disgusting."
LOL
The guy from Silverchair?

EDIT: ****ing hell, I'm waaay behind haha.
Should I just go...?

-I am the only famous person to be born in Montana. Seriousely.
-I am 44.
-I was one of the biggest influential characters of grunge.
-I was in a side project called "Three Fish"
-One of my biggest hobbies is photography, and I have even taken pictures that have been used in my band's linear notes.
The.
Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam?

-I have trademark "slim jim" hairstyle
-I am part of a heavy industrial quartet
-I play guitar and 'sing'.
-Otsego is a town near where I went to college at Michigan (Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo), and it was kind of a depressing, small town. There was a guy named Dean there, and I had his fake ID

WHO AM I?
...Wayne Static...

I was born in Australia in 1962
I play bass
I have been in numerous films
I have a tatoo of Jimi Hendrix on my forearm
...Life Sucks Then You Die...
The one and only Flea!

- I am 50-60 minutes long.
- I was still on the charts, and individual tracks were still winning awards more than 2 years after my release.
- I got my name from a basketball jersey.

More to come if no-one get's it, but I'm sure someone will.
Ten.

-I was originally in the grunge band Skid Row, which was also my first band.
-I am known for my amazingly bad haircuts, even though I don't have one of them anymore.
-Besides Skid Row, I have been in two other bands, both of them comercially successful, especially the one I am in now.
-I sing backing vocals.
-I have made small songwriting contributions to both of my bands, even writing a few songs entirely on my own.

WHO AM I?
The.
rachel bolan?

and i thought skid row was a heavy metal band with sebastian bach and kurt used skid row as a temporary band name?
Quote by urdad
rachel bolan?

and i thought skid row was a heavy metal band with sebastian bach and kurt used skid row as a temporary band name?

Nope. Wrong guy.

And Skid Row was a grunge band, completely different than the hair metal band of the same band.
The.
-I am the only musician to have replaced myself on the Modern Rock Charts, and also the only musician to have been on the charts with three different bands.

Who am I?
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Nope. Wrong guy.

And Skid Row was a grunge band, completely different than the hair metal band of the same band.

i tried google and wiki all i found was skid row the blues rock band who sold their name to skid row the heavy metal band and skid row was used as an early band name by kurt cobain
^Thats who i thought.
<//////>~
Quote by Megalomaniac16
you got it.

yay
Last edited by urdad at Sep 10, 2007,