i want to replicate kirk hammetts sound can anyone help me out and tell me whast to buy. i want the products to be good but not too dear.
which album?
and how much exactly do you have?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
He uses a lot of bluesy things with distortion and uses his wah a lot, think that defines his sound quite a bit.
Quote by guitar4life24
I didnt know he recorded with Fender Strats

He didn't on the early stuff, only Strats he used as far as soloing went were Fernandes strat style guitars.

The downside is that to get it spot on, you'll need a Mesa Dual recto (if you're leaning towards black album stuff, a Mark IV blended with a JCM800 is what the stuff before that sounds like to me) and an original TS 808 tubescreamer (although a reissue will do nicely). Also, you'll need a Wah pedal with Fasel inductors.

In short, big dollars.

But, there are some decent modelling products out there, Line 6's POD is about the best of them for the price and it has a decent recto model. Wah might be a problem since almost all cheap wah's suck serious balls. ALso you're gonna need an axe with some nice, loud pups, Kirk has EMG 81s in both neck and bridge but that'll kill your versatility so maybe an 81/60 combo or something.
Quote by Weybl Himself
He didn't on the early stuff, only Strats he used as far as soloing went were Fernandes strat style guitars.

The downside is that to get it spot on, you'll need a Mesa Dual recto (if you're leaning towards black album stuff, a Mark IV blended with a JCM800 is what the stuff before that sounds like to me) and an original TS 808 tubescreamer (although a reissue will do nicely). Also, you'll need a Wah pedal with Fasel inductors.

In short, big dollars.

But, there are some decent modelling products out there, Line 6's POD is about the best of them for the price and it has a decent recto model. Wah might be a problem since almost all cheap wah's suck serious balls. ALso you're gonna need an axe with some nice, loud pups, Kirk has EMG 81s in both neck and bridge but that'll kill your versatility so maybe an 81/60 combo or something.

Amen to the POD, i Have a PODXT and it makes my marshall MG sound great .....
gunna get the model packs too soon to try and get my own "tone" thinking of using the 5150 with a tube driver or ENGL powerball with a tubedriver ....

Anyway, i would say to get a good cheap kirk hammet sound get a PODXT, a gutiar with and EMG81 in the bridge and a 60 or 85 in the neck and you may need a good wah pedal too, i use a Crybaby, then your pretty much set.
Quote by Weybl Himself
Line 6's POD is about the best of them for the price and it has a decent recto model.

If I'm not mistaken, the recto is viewed as their WORST model on the pod. The Vox ToneLab LE has a very good Recto model though. The tonelab's recto takes some tinkering to get it sounding great, but it is possible.
a wah pedal and about 50 billion batteries. also some spare soles for your shoes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
a wah pedal and about 50 billion batteries. also some spare soles for your shoes.

haha

hello lewis

Listen to these people because they know what theyre talking about.

Look at the link a guy sent you. I told you you weren't going to sound exactly like him.
Last edited by littlemurph7976 at Sep 8, 2007,