Why do a lot of people say that the Bass in Metallica's One is turned all the way down?
I can hear it very clearly, it's just distorted...
Are you sure its not just the guitar? Its basically you agaisnt 100,000,000,000 people so yeah
Quote by Birdy266
Are you sure its not just the guitar? Its basically you agaisnt 100,000,000,000 people so yeah

Listen to the whole thing, at around the 1:11 mark, when Lars hits the crash like 3 times, you hear the bass behind the crashes, if you use that as a guide to listening to the bass, you can hear it throughout the song.
Thats like saying "Why is 4chan so sick?".

No-one knows.

Just is, y'know?
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
nah, the lowest jason ever tunned his bass was Bb Eb Ab Db Gb( he has a five string) but you could pull off that song with a regular tuning. dont sweat too much on tunning.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Quote by thycrusader
nah, the lowest jason ever tunned his bass was Bb Eb Ab Db Gb( he has a five string) but you could pull off that song with a regular tuning. dont sweat too much on tunning.

You musta misread the original post I said Turned all the way down not Tuned all the way down.
Yeah I can't hear it at all, pretty much everything on Justice I can't hear the bass on, hell I can barely hear it on the albums after that either
Quote by Milan999
Why do a lot of people say that the Bass in Metallica's One is turned all the way down?
I can hear it very clearly, it's just distorted...

So wait: you're saying people are lying when they say they can't hear it?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
So wait: you're saying people are lying when they say they can't hear it?

No I'm just saying it's pretty clear, I can hear it throughout the song, it's distorted though.

EDIT: At some points, I can't hear it but I can mostly hear it.
Last edited by Milan999 at Sep 8, 2007,
the album version had the bass turned down, the version in the video has bass i believe