http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-MG100DFX-Combo-?sku=483190

I'm not looking for anything big. I don't gig yet. Just something that I can get really loud, and something I can bring to a friends house to jam.

If it matters, I play pretty much all types of rock/punk/metal (clean and distorted). This amp seems versatile. Is it? I'm going to be playing a Ibanez RG1570 through it soon enough. Good combo? Ha
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
MG....ugh. Get a Peavey Valveking. they make em small enough to fit your prive range.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
No, this isn't the right amp for anyone :P

JUst kidding maybe yeah get a peavey valveking.
Looking for a new sig!
Grab a Vox AVT50 - it's cheaper and it will get you much better clean tones, and closer to real Marshall (not to mention Soldano) tones.
Yep. But you'd probably only need the 50 watt version at most. A 100 watt valve amp is usually way more than you need.
Quote by Denthúl
Yep. But you'd probably only need the 50 watt version at most. A 100 watt valve amp is usually way more than you need.

How much watts are good for small gigging? In like coffee houses basically.
Last edited by TSelman at Sep 8, 2007,
In coffee houses, the volume produced by a 15-20 watt valve amp would be sufficient. Large venues would be better off with a 30 watt valve amp. 50 watts is absolutely plenty for any gig.
Quote by TSelman
How much watts is good for small gigging? In like coffee houses basically.

For coffeehouses, 15-30 watt is more than enough. If you want the Marshall sound and low wattage, Marshall Artist combo or head would be your best option.
So is 100 watt overkill basically? Ha
Yep. You could still get it if you wanted a 2x12, but you wouldn't really need all that power.
Quote by TSelman
So is 100 watt overkill basically? Ha

Basically, I never have turned mine past 4
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
And since tubes sound best when they're cranked, a small amp is best. You'll be able to turn it up to the sweet spot, then mic it if it's not loud enough.