So im looking at a new amp for metal and rock..
e.g. metallica, trivium, pantera, COB, Led zeppelin, AC/DC and all different types of rock and metal..
at the moment i have a spider II 30watt and i hate it...
so im looking at getting a

Laney Vc15-110
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vc15-110/67333

And a..

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/metal-muff/69674
Total Price = £279

i will be using it for home practice and rarely for an odd jam..
i was wondering if this would give me good cleans and good distortion..
tell me what you think and im open to suggestions mainly for the pedal, but also for the amp

thanks
Although that's a nice setup it isn't metal and rock material.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
It'd satisfy your Zep and AC/DC desires on just the amp alone. Along with the metal muff you'd prolly get the gain. Bust as i've said before it doesn't really have the voicing for metal. But it looks like your not really after some screaming death metal. So I don't see why you couldn't make it work. It's a versatile amp.
Sounds good to me.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
Quote by beckyjc
It'd satisfy your Zep and AC/DC desires on just the amp alone. Along with the metal muff you'd prolly get the gain. Bust as i've said before it doesn't really have the voicing for metal. But it looks like your not really after some screaming death metal. So I don't see why you couldn't make it work. It's a versatile amp.

nah death metals a no no
yeh the heaviest theres pantera but i wasnt really expecting that heavy anyway...
the main ones that i would like are metallica, trivium and zeppelin
thanks everyone
yea that looks good. altho, for Zepp u ccould almos get a perfect sound of theirs by buying a Build Your Own Clone Fuzz pedal. Its a replica of the pedal Page used. AC/DC seems like straigght overdrive, which the amp should be able to handle. Metallica has a rly bassy overdrive sound, the pedal should work for that. Trivium would take a little more than a Metal Muff, but u ccould do that w/ the pedal. So id say ur good with those two.
It's not really a metally OD, to work from, to vintage and fuzzy. Youd be better off with using a sperate OD alltogether. Such as the metal muff.
Quote by Guitar-God-Elf
cool thanks anybody else got the Boss MT-2??
and guitarcrazy what sort of tones can you get from it is there a good variety??

Fizzy, bee in a jamjar tones...the MT-2 is utter wank.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Fizzy, bee in a jamjar tones...the MT-2 is utter wank.

yeah, the only good pedal with ''metal'' in the name is metal muff
Try a blues boss pedal
I used to have a Boss MT-2 and I liked it. It's versatile, giving you sounds from rock, hard rock to metal. If you learn to use the settings it sounds pretty good.

Some people may say it's bad because there may be some better pedals out there, but that doesn't make it bad, that's how it is for every pedal.

If anything you can get it modded to sound even better.
In all honesty I don't think there's many pedals worse than the metal zone, including the no-name cheapies....however for what it costs it's an outrage.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?