ive been playing guitar for 5 years now and still have my beat up Ibanez S470 as my main guitar... now ive been thinking of replacing it with __________ (fill in the blanks people )

BTW: I prefer radical designs over strat designs and my budget goes to 1500 US
honorary member of the lumpia lovers club

BREAK THE INDUSTRY
Is a new amp included in that $1500 or just a new guitar?
“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”- Jimmy Page
just a new guitar

BREAK THE INDUSTRY
Quote by Steve The Plank
You could get a Gibson SG for that price, or a Gibson Les Paul Studio (both great guitars).
PRS SE Customs are awesome too.
You should really get an awesome amp first though if you don't already have one.

What kind of music do you play?

i play metal/classic rock/progressive/classical

BREAK THE INDUSTRY
YES yes! Ibanez JS1000!
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Dean Hardtail select. run you about $1200.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Have you replaced your amp since then?

If you are into metalcore and stuff this guitar is the GOD:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-Dan-Jacobs-EX?sku=516783

otherwise this guitar looks badass:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-Mockingbird-Special-X-Electric-Guitar?sku=512708

Both guitars are well under your budget. I haven't tried them personally, but the specs look good on the paper.

You might want a new amp as well if you still have your old one

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by scott58
Dean Hardtail select. run you about $1200.

ive heard some bad things about some dean products like its not the best sounding guitars for their price range so can anyone give me more info on this

BREAK THE INDUSTRY
Gibson Explorer would be great. an ESP Dan Jacobs would be awesome as well. an Ibanez Xyphos would be a good choice, but its about $600 or so.
Quote by IC400fan
ive heard some bad things about some dean products like its not the best sounding guitars for their price range so can anyone give me more info on this

Dean is well overpriced, so is gibson.

You are better off buying some less well known brands

Check out carvin as well. They can custom make guitar for you for 1500

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Im really considering that joe satriani sig. guitar but i have doubts whether it could play great with genres having very heavy distortion....

BREAK THE INDUSTRY
Do you have a new amp or a starter? WHAT IS YO AMP? amyways, shecters are good, look at an Ibanez JEM, Any gibsons, ESp are really good.
Quote by IC400fan
Im really considering that joe satriani sig. guitar but i have doubts whether it could play great with genres having very heavy distortion....

It will handle it. The pickups aren't really high output, but they respond well to any kind of amp setting.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
The pick-ups are awsome. I have a PAF JOE and a Mo'Joe in my RG and they can do pretty much any style of music from metal to blues. Not to mention the neck on the JS1000 is probably the best neck I've ever played on.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN