hey im 13 and have been playing the guitar for nearly two years.....i can play stairway to heaven and tears in heaven perfectly and i am looking for song like this because they require skills something like dont speak by no doubt would be ok

meeza appreciates yah help
Babe I'm gonna leave you by led zeppelin, awesome fingerpicking.
Hotel California
Quote by killbox2490
HOLY S**T! There is a switch hahahahahha. Thanks Red Wing. Now you're probably going to quote me for being so retarded

CLAPTON IS GOD
If you want to learn a song that takes skills, go for Never Going Back Again - Fleetwood Mac
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
If you want some tough fingerpicking stuff, play some classical. That's all fingerpicking and weird chords.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Classical Gas
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
no stairway
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
First of all, Stairway and Tears in Heaven don't require much skill. Anyway, you could try classical gas if you want a song as about the same skill level as Tears or Stairway.
“My vocation is more in composition really than anything else - building up harmonies using the guitar, orchestrating the guitar like an army, a guitar army.”- Jimmy Page
thanx to whoever named classical gas....i already knew this song but i didnt know that the time would come for me to play it ....

i appreciate everyones help...
Listen to some Neil Young, Yes, and The Eagles.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Light and the Glass-Coheed and Cambria.
Always and Never-Coheed
Wake Up-Coheed (requires a capo tho)

All are great fingerpicking songs or have a grreat fingerpicking part.
Quote by andy_thomas
If you want to learn a song that takes skills, go for Never Going Back Again - Fleetwood Mac

Now your talking my kinda stuff. Lindsay Buckingham has got skillz on top of skillz to do that with a guitar.
Don't listen to the guy who said stairway and tears dont require much talent, cause while they might not be the hardest songs, they are still not simple strumming songs. Anyways, Fleetwood Mac's got some great fingerpicking songs...hotel california is great...and a song that sounds cool is Kansas - dust in the wind, kind of repetitive but def sounds good
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
an epic one is Bouree by Johann Sebastian Bach
its classical and its really awsome sounding plus fairly difficult to play... atleast for me ahaha.
Spirit - Taurus
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
Ocean by the John Butler Trio is good
The Light and the Glass by Coheed and Cambria sounds nice but isn't very hard.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
^ Gotta love Bourre.
Thats a good peice, but it might be a little to advanced.

What about some Jose Gonzalez? Or some classical suff?
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by guitaristclass
^ Gotta love Bourre.
Thats a good peice, but it might be a little to advanced.

What about some Jose Gonzalez? Or some classical suff?

Aww come on , i wouldnt call it harder than stairway.
I mean , both require using finger/hybrid picking , except that the finger changing might be slightly akward , but its hell of a good practice in that case.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Aww come on , i wouldnt call it harder than stairway.
I mean , both require using finger/hybrid picking , except that the finger changing might be slightly akward , but its hell of a good practice in that case.

Ah i suppose.. lol
It depends on what guitar its being played on, I always thing classical guitar music MAS to be played on a classical guitar otherwise i feel dirty when I play it.
Also, that song is one of the peices you can play to do your grade 8 classical exams on the ABRSM board.

Worth a crack I'd say, I've long forgotten how to play it... its all been replaced with Tarrega :p.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You, I find it much harder than Stairway. Tough to get at first, but it's like riding a bike, you have trouble gettin' the hang of it, but once you get itrealatively smoothed out, you have it down. You might wanna try the chords to Wild Horses, or The Trees by Rush.
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
Quote by guitaristclass
Ah i suppose.. lol
It depends on what guitar its being played on, I always thing classical guitar music MAS to be played on a classical guitar otherwise i feel dirty when I play it.
Also, that song is one of the peices you can play to do your grade 8 classical exams on the ABRSM board.

Worth a crack I'd say, I've long forgotten how to play it... its all been replaced with Tarrega :p.

Hmm are we talking about the same one ?
Im talking bout the Lute Suite one
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tvM_KjHJxh4

NVM. just checked out grade 8 requirements.
Hmmm, thats pretty cool . I always looked at it as a beginner classical piece.
Last edited by Evil_Magician at Sep 15, 2007,
Mood For A Day- YES

I think that wood be a great choice as well, especially since you have a classical guitar. There are a couple fast licks, but you should be able to do them.
Give Crazy on You by Heart a try, its not too bad, the start is interesting

Tommy Emmanuel's version of Classical Gas is good, but incredibly hard.
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.