new album is good.
this thread will be closed though, because kiddies in the metal section don't know what hardcore is. sorry.
i absolutly love them....seen them 4 times. very powerful live show
Quote by capsfan17
you think girls are confusing, try eating a refrigirator, now that was confusing
How does this keep happening??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hardcore/Metalcore forum Please.

^ As I lay dying are not hardcore, they are clearly metalcore.
because as i lay dying has no resemblance to hardcore in any way shape or fooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm.

they are not metalcore. no no no.

metalcore must have elements of metal and hardcore, not just metal.
Yea dude u will get devoured soon, post in the Hardcore section, If there is not already one their tat is and there good to btw...
“English is the language this article is written in.”
~Captain Obvious On English
Quote by i am the robots
because as i lay dying has no resemblance to hardcore in any way shape or fooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm.

What are you talking about, their music is littered with breakdowns.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
Quote by i am the robots

You must shut off your music player before the onslaught of generic chug-chug breakdowns plague your speakers, I'm guessing?
NOTICE: I usually accept bribes, mostly in the form of money or alcohol. You CAN use this to your advantage if you CAN get me a bottle of rum.
Quote by i am the robots
new album is good.
this thread will be closed though, because kiddies in the metal section don't know what hardcore is. sorry.

NUH-UH, WE DUN NOEZ WUT HXC IZ OLOL.

IZ IT DIS????
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Last edited by Dyer's Eve at Sep 8, 2007,
Quote by DeadCops
You must shut off your music player before the onslaught of generic chug-chug breakdowns plague your speakers, I'm guessing?

lol wut?

listen to converge, kid.
Eh like this is the wrong forum why are u all still posting
“English is the language this article is written in.”
~Captain Obvious On English
Quote by i am the robots

Umm..Bane is hardcore, Modern life is war is hardcore, there is a difference between their sound and As I lay dying. They more closely resemble other metalcore bands.
Yes, and in what way does As I Lay Dying's music resemble the music of Bane or Modern Life Is War?

They have the metal elements, but where are the hardcore elements?
The high tempo drum beats, the aggressive vocals, the use of breakdowns (I know breakdowns do not make a band hardcore, but hardcore/metalcore bands do use them more excessively then other genres)
uh... metal has high tempo drumming.

screamed vocals = metal, if they were hardcore vocals it would just be shouting.

name one hardcore band with breakdowns that are just chug chug, hardcore breakdowns are moreso just breaks in tempo, like the two step part in, "i love hardcore boys, i love boys hardcore," by limp wrist.
Quote by i am the robots
uh... metal has high tempo drumming.

screamed vocals = metal, if they were hardcore vocals it would just be shouting.

name one hardcore band with breakdowns that are just chug chug, hardcore breakdowns are moreso just breaks in tempo, like the two step part in, "i love hardcore boys, i love boys hardcore," by limp wrist.

Lions by the band Lions, has a "chug chug", more of the very new hardcore bands, use the chugging, mainly because it's so popular in cores.

I just think bands like As I lay dying, cannot be placed into any metal subgenre besides metalcore (whether or not you consider metalcore a subgenre of metal is something else).

Like someone said in the other thread, the closest they get are like watered down versions of some melo-death bands. But I just feel that something is lacking.

By the by I love Converge and consider them metalcore, but they have a more unique sound then most metalcore bands.
A lot of bands that don't even play music resembling hardcore in the slightest have listed themselves as Hardcore/Hardcore/Hardcore.

And let us not forget all of the myspace, "screamo,","grindcore," and, "death metal," bands.
I guess As I lay dying don't know what genre they are lolz :P.

Anyways I don't care anymore. I can see where you're coming from, and it's a good argument, but the system I use now is simple for me, so I'm going to keep it that way.
Quote by i am the robots
Just because a band is bland, doesn't mean they're not metal.

Look at Six Feet Under.

Chris Barnes also sings in a Six Feet Under tribute band...
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by STABxYOU
Chris Barnes also sings in a Six Feet Under tribute band...

lol, no way
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.