Is there any way to do that?

any bad ass distortion/overdrive that could do it?

can it be done??
i dunno, i can't think of any pedals that can beef up low end and pretty much revoice an amp.

why not just go for a mesa?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
ah well, i sometimes play metallica (like master of puppets) with some friends...but normally just 80s hard rock and anything vintage marshall voiced...ya know. Just br00tal gain would do the trick, i guess...

I can't buy a mesa, .... it's kinda pricey....and especially for this 'occasional use'.
Mesa V-Twin is the only option I can think of... even that won't be idea but it'll sure as hell get you closer to Mesa tone than any other Dist/OD pedal I can think of, except maybe a Buddha Phatman, which Ive read is pretty high gain. Both really expensive though.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
The V-Twin will completely reshape the sound of the rocker into a Mesa. That would be your best bet. They run for 350-400 used, so goodluck.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
wow...

that v-twin looks interesting.

I might consider it...i saw it go for 300 on ebay

hmm...There is a band called Volbeat. They play (recorded with) a Marshall JCM800 2205, which I have heard is close to the Orange Rocker? They put a BBE sonic maximizer and and EQ in the FX loop.

sample:
http://volbeat.dk/music/volbeat_rebel_monster.mp3

or search Youtube for live clips, they use same gear for studio and recording.
I don't believe you will reach a Mesa tone with any stompbox including the V-twin just because their amps have a heavy low end, mild mid and full treble tone (generally)

To completely revoice a classic rock based amp into a metal amp...it would take quite a bit more than just a Distortion pedal. Slightly larger cabs, heavier strings, EQ pedal would probably get you about as close to mesa as possible but end the end it won't be a mesa. It should sound badass nonetheless though
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
V-Twins do not sound exactly "Rectoish" to begin with. Secondly, most say they sound much better going into SS amps, and actually sound somewhat crappy going into tube amps. Not only that - but its a very expensive pedal.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by thrice_removed
V-Twins do not sound exactly "Rectoish" to begin with. Secondly, most say they sound much better going into SS amps, and actually sound somewhat crappy going into tube amps. Not only that - but its a very expensive pedal.

I played one though a Deluxe Reverb at my friends house and it sounded like a Dual Rec to me
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD