a trem, or tremelo, is a whammy bar
a truss rod is a metal bar that runs through the neck of your guitar, and it adds tension to compensate for the strings pulling on it

and intonation.... not exactly my cup of tea.
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
Last edited by deanwad at Sep 8, 2007,
trem-short for tremolo. its a type of bridge that lets u either do wide vibrato or huge pitch shifts, depending on the type.

intonation-how well an instrument stays in tune. If u play a harmonic at the 12th fret, and then the note at the 12th fret, they shuold be exactly the same. to adjust it, u move the saddles on ur bridge up or down.

truss rod-rod in the neck that keeps ur neck from bending too much. can be adjusted with an Allen wrench.most are found right above the nut, either with a cover or no cover. Acoustics have them under the top, just by where the neck joins the body.