what are your favorite presets on the line 6 spider 3 amp???? for metal all the Judas Priest song tones are great i also like the "Revolution" (song by the beatles) tone great for good 60's Beatlesque stuff
Quote by glamdring22
just a little warning
this community is not exactly...
"spider friendly"

^ yeah...
Gear-
Cherry Epiphone SG Special
Vox AD30
Boss DS-1
You probably wont get friendly replies, spiders are viewed more as evil toys than anything remotely musical in these here parts
Diezel, Motherfucker
I actually like the Spider series believe it or not. I think they give a good tone, but every guitar sounds the same when put through it. I also like how they have different levels of distortion, cuz that comes in handy.

as for my favorite preset:

Insane
drive : 10
bass: 8
mids: 5
treble: 7
Channel vol: 10
Reverb : full
I like spiders, I do belive they are over priced, and I think that people are just jealous ^_^, lol j/k i see people with mesa's <drools>, as for my favorite preset.... lol I have many because I like playing lots of diffrent styles. I like this one "I have the lcd display" that's named SteakFace, really cool sharp distorsion. then I have one I made named Hell, which uses a delay with heavy distort and bass up pretty high, i gotta get my dails set right to post more for yah.
Quote by devilscruffs14
I actually like the Spider series believe it or not. I think they give a good tone, but every guitar sounds the same when put through it. I also like how they have different levels of distortion, cuz that comes in handy.

as for my favorite preset:

Insane
drive : 10
bass: 8
mids: 5
treble: 7
Channel vol: 10
Reverb : full

volume 10? that must sound horrible...
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
sorry didnt know im kinda new here but i think its a good amp to just mess around with im really just looking for my style right now.
don't let anyone bring you down
the reason people dont like them is because they sound crap when you crank
but they're just fine for bedroom practice
hell
i used to have one
they aren't as crappy as people say
its that this place is full of tube snobs
but yea dude, they sound good for practice, which is what you sound like you're using it for ..
Use
The FRIGGING
Search
Function
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
That's the amp I own. (It was a gift, LOL). I think it's fine for a beginner's amp.

Pros: Versitle, light weight and you can approxiamate a lot of different sounds used in different songs.

Cons: Has a real digital sound and tends to make any guitar you plug into it sound the same. Of the 400 whatever presets, only a handful of them are really useful.

I've seen a lot of people here recommend a VOX solid state amp over the Spider because it has a better tone. But others have said the VOX doesn't have as many options. So there you go. Being a beginner guitarist myself, I'm not so worried about it. Whenever I get to "intermediate" level, I'll buy a Blue's Junior and a multi-effects pedal.