Page 1 of 12
I had this argument with a friend(football player) a couple of days ago that NFL (lets have NFL represent American Football instead of just the league) has better athletes. Maybe because I'm stubborn and focusing it only in America but I just LOVE NFL, the amount of training they put into it is just incredible. I'm not to sure about how rigorous the training is in football. And since both of are opinions are biased. I was wondering...

Which sport has the better athlete? football or nfl?
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
football, soccer, whatever you want to call it, is the most intense and enduring sport. its better than american football. those nfl guys wouldnt last at all in a soccer game
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rage6945
football, soccer, whatever you want to call it, is the most intense and enduring sport. its better than american football. those nfl guys wouldnt last at all in a soccer game

QFT

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
both are difficult in a way. soccer requires alot of speed and stamina but football requires strength and the abillity to take alot of hits from 300 pound black guys
Our Football ("Soccer" to you in the New World) training seems to consist mostly of dribbling around cones and learning to dive in the penalty area. Your NFL looks a lot less wimpy of a sport.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
I don't think the football players would last in the NFL, and vice versa. In my opinion, they're pretty much equal in terms of athleticism, but are different types of athletes. The NFL players are physically stronger and tougher, while the football players have much better long-term endurance.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Good old English Footie FTW.

All NFL players learn is how to hit the ground right and how to hold a ball.

Footie is the f**king master!!
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Quote by BerryTree
well the soccer guys wouldn't last a minute in the nfl aswell.

They would.

Cristiano Ronaldo could run circles round *insert random NFL player name here*.

FOOTBALL FTW.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
Rugby
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
Also don't a lot of NFL players get accused of using steroids?

If so, then well Football is clearly more athletic

This is all of course if there are steroid scandals in the NFL
Quote by AvengedThrice
Good old English Footie FTW.

All NFL players learn is how to hit the ground right and how to hold a ball.

Footie is the f**king master!!

rofl? that's like saying all football players learn is how to shoot the ball
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
I would like to see any American football player last 45 mins (let alone a full match) playing at a wide midfield player, let alone a wing back- I don't reckon they would last 15 minutes.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
Quote by browar
Rugby

WE HAV A WINRAR, LULZ.

Seriously...you win dude.
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
wow tihs is confusing me lol, when i read football i think "american football" then when im reading NFL im like wtf?1 but yeha... theyres no way a football player would last in a nfl game... but then an nfl player would probably trample a football guy in their game, im not really sure i dont watch soccer really
EDIT: cadj, nah those are baseball players and wrestlers football players just get in trouble for dog fighting a lot

<_<
>_>
<_<

*hides*
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by Phax
rofl? that's like saying all football players learn is how to shoot the ball

Yeah?

One word:

GOALKEEPERS.
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
The way footie players over-react to the most minor of things is one of the reasons I dislike it.
I mean, it's ok darling, we all know you fell over, im sure you can buy some more fake fingernails and some cream to get rid of the bruise, just stop making a big fucking deal out of it.
Quote by Retro Rocker
The way footie players over-react to the most minor of things is one of the reasons I dislike it.
I mean, it's ok darling, we all know you fell over, im sure you can buy some more fake fingernails and some cream to get rid of the bruise, just stop making a big fucking deal out of it.

But its okay for NFL players to get pumped on steroids?

thxkbi.
Quote by Ez0ph

He knows me well..
Quote by rage6945

Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
Quote by Blackbullet
I would like to see any American football player last 45 mins (let alone a full match) playing at a wide midfield player, let alone a wing back- I don't reckon they would last 15 minutes.

wide receiver/runningback/Defensive Back probably could.

Randel El

Randy Moss

Troy Williamson

Maybe LT

Steve Smith

Deangelo Hall

thers probably more
Quote by Retro Rocker

football is actually a **** lot more painful than it looks sometimes.
Quote by AvengedThrice
But its okay for NFL players to get pumped on steroids?

thxkbi.

What? That's got nothing to do with what I said.
I'm on about grown men flailing about on the floor after getting tackled and throwing hissy fits at the ref for something they disagree with.

Sports are no longer, and never will be, as great as they once were.

Edit:
NHL ftw!
Meh, it's apples and oranges IMO. Although NFL players would probably be better at sprinting than footballers, since they really have the build for that.
And footballers often overreact to things for the 'benefit' of the ref, rather than because they actually get hurt(yes, i am bitter about the penalty awarded against Scotland today, but 3:1 still counts as a humping!).
Quote by rage6945

haha

Quote by AvengedThrice
They would.

Cristiano Ronaldo could run circles round *insert random NFL player name here*.

FOOTBALL FTW.

Cristiano Ronaldo would get crushed by the smallest of NFL players.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7vL19q8yL54

I rest my case, I don't think any footballer in history could generate that much power.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

NFL requires better athleticism, because it needs more speed and strength. Soccer needs more co-ordination and skill.
Quote by browar
Rugby

Haha, bingo. Take off those baby armbands and play a real sport.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by afc16
NFL requires better athleticism, because it needs more speed and strength. Soccer needs more co-ordination and skill.

Your definition of Altheticism seems to be lacking endurance evidently.
Quote by 94 hours

Quote by dumps
i dont really know what is good so maybe you guys could give me some suggestions of a good practice amp with some a effects between 70 and 100pound. cheers

your buying an amp based on weight??
NFL players are constantly screened for steroids, and most who get in trouble for the substance abuse policy are doing things like smoking weed or snorting coke. Actually, if you want to get down to brass tacks, cycling is the sport that's most prone to cheating, and those guys make soccer players look like invalids when it comes to endurance.

But as said, they're completely different games with completely different skills, but the fact is, every soccer player is about the same size. The NFL, on the other hand, has a full panoply of people of all different sizes, whether you're talking about a 6'2" 190 lbs. receiver, a 5'10" 220 lbs. running back, or a 6'6" 310 lbs. offensive lineman. NFL players go through a lot of endurance training. With soccer players, most of their time on the field is spent jogging, with short bursts of dribbling or sprinting. Every NFL play is explosive. So for however long a play goes, everyone on that field is going at full speed. And the force they hit each other with is equivalent to a car accident. That's not just the guys who are tackling, but also the offensive and defensive lineman, who see contact on every single play. As far as speed, there are NFL players who are amongst the fastest athletes in the world. And even the linemen are quick. There are defensive linemen in the NFL who can cover 40 yards in under 5 seconds.
Hi, I'm Peter
This is like comparing Sumo Wrestlers and Jockeys. Neither would really work in the other sport. Except for NFL punters and field goal kickers......they tend to be be ex-soccer players.
Quote by Cadj
Also don't a lot of NFL players get accused of using steroids?

If so, then well Football is clearly more athletic

This is all of course if there are steroid scandals in the NFL

No. That's MLB which is baseball.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
I played both in high school (not at the same time - switched), and I'm going to go with American Football.

What you don't realize is that American Football also requires endurance - certainly not as much as a midfielder in Football/Soccer, but to say someone who played both ways (as most of our high school American football team did) every play of the game could last in Soccer/Euro football is ridiculous. 60 minutes of running around and every play requires a walk back, only each play also requires pushing through people and fighting through them versus lets say 90 minutes of running around, is comparable to the point where if you last in one you could probably last in the other.

However there is no doubt the American Football players are stronger and physically bigger than the others, and because American Football requires both while soccer/euro football only requires one, I no doubt give the edge to American Football.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Note how ignorant Brits are the ones saying football has better athletes.

I'd have to go with NFL simply because having intense running speed is very important to the game, whereas in football it's an added bonus.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.